This system tracks the fame and reputation of all characters within the world, on a scale of 1 to 10.
It reflects how well-known a character is and the perception factions have of them, both positive and negative.
Notoriety System Overview
- During events, there will be critical moments where a character's decisions and background will have a significant impact on the story.
- A character's actions in these moments will contribute to their notoriety, which reflects how well-known and infamous they are among NPCs and other players.
- Some examples of such moments include:
- Killing an important figure in front of a crowd.
- Having rumors spread about a character that are perceived as a fact in the public eye.
- Possessing fame as a well-known, public figure.
- Participating in a high-profile raid that leads to a character's identity being publicly exposed.
- The Notoriety System acts as a collection of cliff notes, offering a glimpse into significant moments and probiding enough information for players to grasp the general idea of what happened during an event.
- The system avoid spoiling every little details and leaves room for further exploration and discussion amongst characters.
- The NOTORIETY LEADERBOARD serves as a record of character notoriety, organized by their faction affiliation.
- Characters who are not affiliated with a faction will be listed as "Unaffiliated".
- A typical leaderboard entry includes the following information:
- Host of "Total Control: With Griff Duffy" on SAXON News.
- Responsible for biting a man at the local Wendy's.
- Currently on trial for facilitating a small arms war in a foreign country.
- Part of a team who attempted, but ultimately failed, to blow up the local CCN broadcast building in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Attempted, but failed, to assassinate a member of the Nine Life Kru with the "Purple Leviathan"; identity was exposed by the survivor.
<< f. Follower System
h. Nemesis System >>
Last Updated: September 8, 2023