General Punishment Policies
- All punishments are documented both on the forums and in the Discord server.
- Punishment documentation on the forums is available to the public for the sake of transparency.
- To view active and archived bans & warnings, refer to this subforum.
- Depending on the severity of your offense, you may be handed a heavier punishment.
- A warning may be given for any reason deemed fit by a member of staff.
- After you've recieved three warnings, you will be given a temporary ban.
- At times, you may be given a verbal warning as opposed to a formal, documented warning.
- This will not count towards your three warnings, but should still be taken seriously.
- Warnings expire after a month unless otherwise specified and may be removed by a member of staff at any time.
- All warnings will be visible on your forum profile even after they've expired.
- After you've recieved three warnings or have committed a serious offense, you will be given a ban.
- The typical ban lengths and repercussions are as follows:
- Discord: 24-to-48-hour-long server mute in the Gateway Discord server.
- Forums: 24-to-48-hour-long shoutbox ban.
- Game: 24-to-48-hour-long ban from the server.
- If you continue to infringe upon the rules or evade your ban, you will recieve a longer and heavier punishment.
- You will recieve a permanent ban from the Gateway community after numerous temporary bans or if you commit an offense serious enough, as determined by staff.
- If you would like to appeal your ban, you may submit an appeal.
- Submitting an appeal does not guarantee your ban will be overrturned.
- If your offense was serious enough, you may not be allowed to submit an appeal.
Last Updated: June 23, 2023