≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

WXXI Report Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Announcer: WXXI, Your News, Your Station.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: WXXI JINGLE PLAYS
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Good Morning. You are listening to WXXI FM. I'm Ray McCormick.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Our coverage of events in Pittsford continues this morning, where over 200 residents of the city are still missing following 4 explosions which rocked the city.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Among this missing is Chief Ranger Larue Monroe, as well as Head Councilor Anton Korshunov.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: The city is currently under lockdown at the moment, and travelers to the city are recommended to divert to Fairpoint.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Councilman Leclair Mercier has stepped into the role has interm head for the time being, however, given the situation, he can not be reached for comment.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Up next on WXXI; More Coverage of the Events in Pittsford.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: WXXI Outro Plays

Last edited by a moderator:

Anonymous

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Good Afternoon. This is Ray McCormick with breaking news out of Pittsford."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Extermination teams keep fighting in both the Alcove and Memorial Districts of the city, have been said to be making good progress."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "CPF Sources say that the districts might be free of those afflicted by Oculurubrus within the next couple of days."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "In other news, there is growing speculation that the attacks might have come from terrorists within Pittsford itself."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "CPF Sources tell WXXI that these terrorists have links to several drug addicts who opened fire on Peacekeeping forces who attempted to shut down an illegal drug den in Pittsford a few weeks ago."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "If a bunch of Druggies bombed Pittsford, maybe it's time to get tough on drug enforcement, eh?"
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "For WXXI, this was Ray McCormick."

Anonymous

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Your News, Your Station. WXXI, Rochester. "
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: WXXI News Jingle Plays
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Good Evening, this is WXXI. I'm Ray McCormick."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "CPF Officials are still looking into yesterday's radio wave hijacking. Sources within Pittsford have stated that it was likely an 'elaborate prank', in order cause widespread fear and disruption."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Government officials would once again like to assure the public that the situation is under control and there is no need for panic. Please continue to avoid the Alcove and Memorial Districts for the time being, as the situation there is not completely contained."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "In other news, the town of Monroe has declared a Republic today, according to Minister Crystal Chen."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "In a radio address today, Minister Chen said the following."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Voice of Crystal Chen: "Monroe is more than just a town: it is a beacon of stability that the people of our region need and deserve. So, this is why I am proud to announce that we are founding the Republic of Monroe. We are enshrining our sovereignty and independence into the very DNA of our community, protecting the values that we all hold so dearly, as Monrovians."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "For WXXI, I'm Ray McCormick."
Raymond McCormick:

Anonymous

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Good Evening, this is WXXI. I'm Ray McCormick."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Today, we have a special guest in the WXXI Studio. Monroe's Terry Winters. Welcome to the studio Terry."
Terry Winters: WXXI: An awkward pause. "...like this? O-oh. Uh."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Thank you, um, Mr. McComick."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "So, Miss Winters, if we aren't mistaken you have announced your canidacy for the role of Minister of Monroe?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Yeah, that's...that's true."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "What made you want to throw your hat into the ring for the position?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "I, um...."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "...I want to help make Monroe as good and as safe a place as it can be. For...for all it's residents who...want the same thing."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "A lot of politicans have said simular words Terry, both before and after outbreak. Do you have a plan to achieve these ends?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Yes, I...we used to have very visible government in Monroe, um. The heads and the Minister working closely together with the citizens. Monroe's...always been a place where people work together."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "At least...in the better parts of the time I've been there, it was like that. I'd...like to bring focus back on that."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Do you not feel like the Monroe Government has been as visible as it has in the past?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "...I feel that...Monroe has changed. There's...less trust between people. Not just the government, but...people in general. Maybe it's not just Monroe, either. I think...Monroe has potential to be more than that. When people trust each other, they can do anything...is my belief."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "There's been less visible government, yes, and...it's something we've struggled with before. I'd like to change that."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Thank you. On a Simular note, I assume you're familiar with Minister Chen's radio address earlier in the week?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "...Which one?"
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "The first one, we'll get into yesterday's in a bit, but I wanted to ask you about the first."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "For our listeners out there, here is a clip."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Ah, okay."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Voice of Crystal Chen: "This leads me onto some incredibly exciting news for our people. Deputy Hand and I have an ambitious vision for our community’s evolution that will be starting from this night onwards. Monroe is more than just a town: it is a beacon of stability that the people of our region need and deserve. So, this is why I am proud to announce that we are founding the Republic of Monroe. We are enshrining our sovereignty and independence into the very DNA of our community, protecting the values that we all hold so dearly, as Monrovians."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Do you have any comments on this delcaration Miss Winters?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "...Yes. In the, um...in the words of it, I believe as well that Monroe is and can be more than a town, and a place of stability. But...it's easy to give a place a new name."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "I think...no, I know that, more is needed than that to make this description a reality."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI "Do you agree with Chen's vision for Monroe?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "...I'm...not sure exactly what her vision for Monroe is. But...there was a vision for Monroe, once. As a place for the people. A vision held by former Minister Constantine Hasapis, and...which I still believe in. And...it's not the Monroe I see today."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Other than Goverment Transparency, what is your vision for Monroe?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "...First of all, um...to bring back trust in Monroe as a place of safety. Many people left when the Miller embassy was established. I'd like to see their trust in Monroe regained, and see them return. These were good, capable people. Many of them friends of mine. They're needed. I hope to make them see this."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "...With these people, I hope to strengthen Monroe again, to...make it a place that welcomes those looking for a place to live in safety, and help build. A place where everyone has a purpose. Like I was welcomed and given purpose once. With the help of people with expertise around me, we could make Monroe truly independent."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Thank You Miss Winters, moving on."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Prior to this week, Monroe hosted a base to an organization known as 'The Miller Family', which the Coalition has branded a terrorist organization. In a radio address yesterday, Minister Chen said the following."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Voice of Crystal Chen: "I sent a peacekeeper force, led by Deputy Hand, to the embassy with the intention of swiftly arresting the guilty three. However, an agreement could not be reached with the embassy, and Monrovian peacekeepers were forced to storm the building. Meeting resistance from the embassy members, our peacekeepers had no choice but to eliminate all Miller units within the embassy. Monroe is now Miller-free and our own representatives in their community have returned."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "While I will be asking Chen a lot of questions about her relationship with the Miller family when she comes in for her own interview later this week, it seems that relations with the Millers and Monroe have come to an explosive end. What is your take on this issue?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "I was there myself, yes...It was...tragic. And also, I'm sad to say, expected. Groups like the Millers can't be reasoned or made peace with, and there should never be fighting within Monroe. It's one of the things that I strive towards never happening again the most."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "...Good people died for no reason."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Chen has been vocal in her attempts to gain a long standing peace for Monroe, even if it meant giving the Millers an Embassy. Did you agree with her decision at the time? Do you think there are limits to who you'd be willing to make deals with?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "No. And yes."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Let's run a thought expiriment. Let's say you're the leader of Monroe, and you're approched by... lets say the motor banidts from Max Max. I don't remember the movie too well, but let's just say that these guys are just as bad as the Millers. Would you make a deal?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "...Without knowing anything more than that...no. I wouldn't have any dealings with them. They're far too removed from the values of a decent society."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Every situation is different, and could call for different needs, but...as a rule, no. Monroe should never be in a position where she's associated with those types of groups."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Sticking to Foreign Policy, what do you believe should be Monroe's position towards other groups, such as nations like the CPF and the Amish Nation, as well as smaller communities, such as Blackridge or... what's that Japanese Community down in New York City... I think it's Little Tokyo or something."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Forgive me listeners for not being up to speed on that."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "I....think Monroe should have a friendly but independent position. A willingness to do mutually beneficial things for each other, if met with the same. I believe...no matter the, um...the currents of politics in other nations, they too house their own citizens wanting to live a life of peace and safety. Our friendliness should never be allowed to be abused, though, and our values shouldn't be undermined. Is what I believe."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Do you agree with Chen's build up of Monroe's Peacekeeping Forces?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Build up?"
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "It is no secret that under Chen, the amount of Peacekeeps that have been recrutied has expanded exponentially. Under a Winters Administration, would Monroe continue this rapid expansion of its defense forces?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Oh. Well...it depends. As I've seen, the peacekeepers are a brave and dedicated force that do their best to live up to their name. They were fearless against the Millers, and...I think it's important to have a peacekeeping force working for the citizens. But, I don't know under which agreements they were established. I would have to work together with Mr. Hand to learn more about it, so we can make plans for their future purposes."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "That's...what I'm hoping to do, at least."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "We're approching the end of the time we have allotted for the interview. Do you have anything you want to say before we wrap up Miss Winters?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Just that...I know there's, um...there's a lot hanging in the balance for Monroe right now. Even before the elections, and...right now, our decisions decide what will happen to Monroe. And...to all of us. And I just...I hope everyone listening, who cares about Monroe and her people, will know...it's up to you now. You're not powerless. And, if at one point you've lost faith in Monroe, I hope...I hope I can help turn your faith around again. I just can't do it without you."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Well said."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Thank you."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Thank you Terry."
Raymond McCormick: "This has been Ray McCormick with Monroe Ministerial Candidate Terry Winters."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "From those of us here at WXXI to you, goodnight."

Anonymous

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: ""Your News, Your Station. WXXI, Rochester."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Good Afternoon. You are listening to WXXI. I'm Ray McCormick."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Today, we have yet another special guest in the WXXI Studio. Monroe's Minister, Crystal Chen. Welcom to WXXI Miss Chen."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "Good afternoon, Ray! I'm delighted to be here."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "As are we. Thank you for coming out."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "It's honestly a pleasure."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Last week, you made an address to the citizens of Monroe declaring your intention to formally found a republic. This is rather exciting news for Monroe, isn't it?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "Oh, it's such an exciting time for Monroe. It's an honour to be leading the administration that is enshrining Monrovian values into the very DNA of our little society. We're at the dawn of something truly amazing."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "This leads me to my first question Madam Minister, what exactly is going to change about Monroe with this delcaration. What are your plans going to be?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "On a societal level, myself and Deputy Minister Preston Hand are looking to inspire a new sense of pride in Monrovian identity. If you choose to settle in the Republic of Monroe, you don't just 'live in Monroe': you are a Monrovian. I believe in the power of identity to inspire, Ray."
Raymond McCormick: "A National Identity?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "Sure, a national identity."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "It's all about being proud, Ray. Once you're proud of where you come from... you can go anywhere."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "It's my job as Minister to lead a nation our people can be proud of."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "In your recent radio address, you described a "Monroe-first policy." It was rather unclear what you meant by that. Can you elaborate on that a bit?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "My Monroe-first policy is all about having a domestically-focused approach to policy. Unless otherwise provoked, Monroe is a largely neutral state under my administration, putting the needs of our people before anything else."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Has there been a time where this wasn't the case?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "Previous Ministers have not been as sharp on security as I am: they were willing to let just about anyone within our community, no matter what other vested interests they may have had. I won't be doing that. If our security services suss that someone's no good, they won't be allowed to dwell amongst our people."
Crystal Chen: "Monrovians and their safety come first."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "That leads to my next question. Monroe recently opened, then the other day, closed, diplomatic relations with a group known by the "Miller Family", a group the CPF and several other nations have declared a 'Terrorist Organization'. In regards to recent events, did you think it was a good idea at the time?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "It was the only credible option, Ray. Monroe is a small community, and at the time we simply did not have the resources to continue fighting a war with the Millers. This has never been revealed to the public before, but the Millers were planning a full-scale invasion of Monroe, Ray. I had to stop that without losing any more lives - we'd already lost three of our governing council."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "It was compromise or be crushed. Thankfully, due to the time of peace we have had, Monroe is no longer in that dangerous position and we are a lot more prepared for any future threats thank to the hard work fo Deputy Minister Hand."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "It's an understandable reaction to something like that, considering the Millers reputation. That being said, if the Millers were to launch an assault against Monroe, do you think you will be able to repel the attack?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "Absolutely. Monroe is in the best position she's ever been in when it comes to defense. Like I said, a Monroe-first policy means that we're focussing on ourselves, and that includes being able to defend ourselves."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "I couldn't be prouder of the work lead by myself and my Deputy Minister.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Thank you Minister. Changing subjects, as we all knows, elections are coming up in the next couple months in Monroe, planned by your administration. If you were to win reelection, what would be the first major project you would work on?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "Well, I'm already in discussions with a private Barrens-based company about constructing a water tower for Monroe."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "That would certainly be my priority. It's all about self-sustainability."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "A remarkable endevor to say the least. Do you have any plans beyond trying to get utiltiies hook up?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "It certainly is - I don't believe in having a glass ceiling for ambition. As for my other plans for Monroe, there will be a lot on the horizon, should I be re-elected. For instance, don't be misunderstood: Monroe is going to become a highly collaborative community. I still believe in the embassy project, and right now I'm working on establishing relations with a variety of communities across the region. Actually, The Coalition has expressed an interest in opening a diplomatic embassy: these embassies will becomes hubs for trade and diplomacy, which is going to be an important part of my re-election. Monroe comes first, but that doesn't mean we can't collaborate on a neutral level with other communities as equals."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Definitely a remarkable endevor. Earlier in the week, we had on Terry Winters, someone who has announced her canidacy in the coming elections for Minister, and she says she has concerns over the transparancy of your governement."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Voice of Terry Winters: "...I feel that...Monroe has changed. There's...less trust between people. Not just the government, but...people in general."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Do you have a response to this?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: A little laugh can be heard from Crystal before she speaks.
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "Is this the same Terry Winters that deserted Monroe and her people during a time of crisis, Ray? You know, my administration has done nothing but build trust with our people. I told them that, as Minister, I would protect and enforce law and order in a time where we had the lawless at our necks. I did just that, Ray, and I continue to build upon the promises I made my people."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Terry deserted Monroe for a time?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "She wasn't in town for a good while, Ray. While she was on a little retreat, I stepped up to salvage a community that was on the edge."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "And that's just how it was."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Do you think Miss Winters is fit to be a leader?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "I know she isn't, Ray. I'm not saying there isn't a place for her in the governance of Monroe, because there is... but as Minister, absolutely not."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Those are some very stong words Minister, but it is understandable. Going back to Monroe as it is right now, there has been a built up of 'peacekeepers', as you've stated earlier, in order to defend Monroe's Independence against external threats. That being said, how happy are you personally with the speed of recruitment into the program?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "I'm delighted with the way the peacekeepers program is going. While we've only just trained the first fresh batch of recruits directly for the program, let's not forget that we've got the former Monroe rangers who have been integrated into it. The Deputy Minister will be looking to recruit further into the future - and, actually, I'd like to announce now that I will be running on a joint Minister - Deputy Minister ticket with Deputy Minister Hand, too."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "As part of the process of electing the first Minister of the Republic, it will be expected for the other candidates to announce a Deputy Minister for their ticket, too."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I assumed as such, though, I am unsure if any other canididates have annoucned their pick for deputy on the ticket yet."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "I'll be interested to hear who they choose, Ray."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Still, speaking of that, are your Peacekeepers going to emulate other simular units, such as for example, the CPF Rangers?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "Our boys aren't emulating anyone, Ray: the peacekeepers are their own entity and are integral to Monroe. They exist to protect our law and order at home and in the surrounding Barrens."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "If you are reelected, would the Deputy Minister continue to lead the Peacekeepers as part of his duties, or will a new head be picked?
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "I believe in a small and effective government, Ray, so I won't be looking to select a new chief for the role. Besides, Preston lives and breathes the program - there's no one better to lead those brave boys and brave ladies."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Well put."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Anyways, it seems we're running out of time. Is there anything you wanted to say before we wrap up Minister?"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "I'd like to address my people back home in Monroe. This isn't just any election: the heart of Monroe is at stake here. A vote for the Chen-Hand government is a vote for stability; for law and order; for ambition. I am the candidate that will lead our Republic forward, not backwards to times gone by. Our community has so much potential that I know we can unleash together: it is the Chen-Hand project that will put Monroe first and put Monroe on the map, where she belongs. We've got this, Monroe. Thank you."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Thank you Minister."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "I'd like to add that I believe in proper scrutiny of all candidates, which is why I'd be delighted to debate Miss Winters and Mr. Wilson."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "Consider this a public invitation, Monroe, Ray."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "We could come to an agreement, I would love to be able to help facilitate this."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I accept."
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "Fantastic!"
Crystal Chen: WXXI: "I hope the others are brave enough, Ray."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I hope so too. Either way."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "This has been Ray McCormick with Monroe's Minister, Crystal Chen."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "This has been WXXI News. Have a good evening, and stay safe out there."
Raymond McCormick:

Anonymous

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Announcer: WXXI, Your News, Your Station.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Good Evening. You are listening to WXXI FM. I'm Ray McCormick.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Operations by the CPF against a terrorist organization "ICLF" came to a head this week, as an operation to arrest a major figure in the group failed."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Rhea Varnado, otherwise known by her nickname 'Barbie Doll', is the leader of a street gang known as 'The Dollfaces.'
Raymond McCormick: Following the operation, her whereabouts are unknown. The CPF requests those with any information report it to their local field office or CPF outpost."
Raymond McCormick: In other news
Raymond McCormick: A violent shootout in Pittsford apartment has left several dead.
Raymond McCormick: Authorities in a routine sweep of the neighborhood found two bodies inside the home, and the body of the resident several blocks away.
Raymond McCormick: There are currently no leads on this case.
Raymond McCormick: Up next on WXXI; so called "Oculurubrus Cures", what you need to know about this new scam.

Anonymous

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Announcer: WXXI. Your News. Your Station.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Good Evening. You are Listening to WXXI News. I'm Ray McCormick, live from the town of Monroe, New York."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "This was orignally a debate, however, only one of the canidates has been able to make it. I am here with Terry Winters, canidate for minister of Monroe. Welcome back to WXXI."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Thank you, mr. McCormick."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Minister Chen was busy this evening, and has been unable to make it sadly. Furthermore, Anthony Wilson was also not able to make it, but he has provided WXXI with a pre recorded message."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Voice of Anthony Willson, sounding rather frail: "I want to offer a sincere apology for my inability to make the debate. Though, I have an announcement for my campaign - as of today, I will be dropping out of the race and combining my support behind a more suitable candidate. Ms. Winters. I do believe with my heart, and my years of experiences involved in Monrovian politics that she is the right choice for the next Minister. I have seen nothing but passion, hope, and desire for a future for our home, one I have not seen since Minister Ortiz. She lives and breathes Monroe - from her story, to her present values. A hard-working woman who has made a local name for herself with her own business and insight. That's what we need in office, someone with a practical mindset, someone unwilling to compromise with bandits such as the Miller's someone who demands better, someone who understands what Monroe is meant to represent. - second chances."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "So... Miss Winters. I guess we should start. How do you feel about this endorsement from Mr. Wilson?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Mr. Wilson and I had a couple of private conversation where we discovered we were agreed on a lot of things. It didn't come to me as a surprise - mr. Wilson is a kind person who knows and cares for Monroe more than perhaps anyone. To have his endorsement and his support in my campaign is something I'm incredibly grateful for. Mr. Wilson, if you're listening, you have my sincerest thanks, and my promise that I'll do all I can with the trust and faith you've put in me."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Anyways, the first question of the debate, though, I was going to limit your time to answer, I guess you have an unlimited amount of time Miss Winters."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "How you your describe your stance on Foreign Policy?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Monroe's relationship with other nations is an important issue. Monroe was once a place known for its open and friendly disposition towards the outside, but that disposition has seen misuse as well. I will strive for Monroe to become that place again, but not at any price. Friendly relations to other nations should be a mutual thing, and we should maintain scrutiny towards who we make our connections with. We've seen what happens when we open our home to those who would misuse our trust."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Therefore, and as detailed in my speech, I'd propose no more embassies for the foreseeable future. I propose instead an ambassadorial system, trusted people within Monroe whose task it will be to travel out and maintain relations with the nations we choose to open up towards, to trade and other exchanges, while letting it be known that that door may close just as swiftly if we discover we cannot be aligned."
Raymond McCormick: "Thank you... next question. Monroe has seen a build up of it's Peacekeeper program. Will you continue to build it up or, take another approch to security and law enforcement?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "I'm glad you asked. I've followed the growth of the Peacekeeper force with a lot of interest, and I'm very impressed. Mr. Hand has done an amazing job in this regard, and each member approaches their task with dedication and courage that's rarely seen. If at all possible, I would like to continue building on the work of Mr. Hand and his people. As for security, many have told me that they wish for a strengthening of our physical defenses as well - our walls and gates. So my first efforts would go towards that. But, perhaps most importantly, I'd put a stronger focus on us educating ourselves as to what is out there and what might pose a threat in the future. Being one step ahead and arming ourselves with knowledge is, I believe, as important as putting guns in the hands of our guards."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "We're moving through these much faster, which I guess helps when you don't have to give time for rebuttlal. My next question is, 'On day one in office, what would be your first action as Minister?'"]
Terry Winters: WXXI: "I'd immediately begin work reinstating the governing heads. I'm glad you asked this now, as it ties in very well with my previous comment about knowledge. As Minister, I'll be expected to make final decisions out of an array of options, which is something I will most definitely be able to do. But I've never expected to stand alone in this - I intend to, as soon as possible, surround myself with people of expertise, a system that has worked well in the past and which I believe Monroe has suffered for losing. The heads will be chosen and voted in by the people, and my first day of work will, in addition to starting up this process, go towards detailed structuring of how we will meet and work at our most effective for the betterment of Monroe. Only by working together will we discover the best of our options, our possibilities."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Since this isn't much of a debate at the moment, I'll ask a follow up question. Will the heads currently occupying their offices still stand for election?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "The current only head in office - though I'm unsure if 'head' is a title used anymore, it's been so neglected - is mr. Hand. I will be honest and say that, while his work with the Peacekeepers is exceptional and I would love nothing more than be able to keep him on, his close work with and support of Minister Chen in this election is a point of concern for me. That being said, I believe he is a man of good character who currently finds himself mislead, and I've already expressed my hope to him that he will choose for what is right for Monroe, just as I have faith that the people of Monroe will choose who is right for the job. So yes. He would be able to stand for election."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Next question. As far as domestic policy is concerned, what is your vision for the future of Monroe?"
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Monroe is a place of people who work together for the good of all. I've been very proud to be a part of this with my own work in the butcher shop and my contributions to the clinic. Apart from the policies on security I mentioned earlier, trade is a big post in my campaign, as is healthcare and the maintenance and expansion of all things that relate to the improvement of life here. To take each one at a time - Monroe will be a trade hub again, seeing the return of our traders when I take the Minister post. Monroe has resources, and more resources out there are going untapped - we will tap into that. Our healthcare will see a lift as well, once we truly get started producing our own medicines. I'd also make efforts towards creating a section of the clinic focused on mental wellbeing. Help in this regard is somtehing that is incredibly hard to come by, but often very much needed. Then there's the maintenance of Monroe - the well and the mill have been examples of how detrimental stagnated projects can be to a town. I'll see to it that we have a workforce able to deal with these issues as soon as they arise, and not months later."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "There is more, but these are the broad strokes. There's a lot of very good things to build upon here, and I intend to use these opportunities."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Thank you. I kept my list of questions short in anticipation that Chen would've participated. Of course, Chen is welcome to provide her rebuttal anytime, or come on air to be asked the same questions Miss Winters has now."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "That being said, we move onto closing remarks. Miss Winters you have 2 minutes."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "There's a lot of uncertainty that's pervading Monroe these days. But we still have every chance of making things here right again - and even better, if we really want to. I'm completely convinced that we can do this. The people of Monroe are unlike any I've ever met, and all the things we fear might be lost are still there, underneath everything that has caused us to doubt ourselves and each other. We can find it again, and I sincerely hope you'll all help me do this. I want to thank everyone for giving me their time, as well as the heartfelt support that I've met in my campaign so far. And I want to thank you as well, Mr. McCormick, for this opportunity to speak."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Well, there you have it. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule Miss Winters."
Terry Winters: WXXI: "Thank you for having me."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "This has been Ray McCormick and Monroe Ministerial Canidate Terry Winters, broadcasting from Monroe, for WXXI News. Have a good evening, and stay safe out there."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI:
[/I]

Anonymous

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Good Morning. This is WXXI News. I'm Ray McCormick."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "A shootout at a Nightclub in the Liberty District has left several dead, including several employees, and the club's owner, Rob Badd."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "CPF Authorities tell WXXI that the shootout was likely a result of gangland violence that plauges the troubled district."
Raymond McCormick: "In other news, Outpost 2-15, informally known as Fort Harris, is exprected to recieve a commendation soon for their part of recovering Head Councilor, Anton Korshunov, following an operation undertaken against ICLF Insurgents a few weeks ago."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Korshunov spent several months in captivity, before being rescued by the brave Men and Women of the CPF Rangers."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Current Interm Councilor, Leclair Mercer, is expected to step down once Korshunov makes a full recovery."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Investigations are still on going into a chemical attact perpetuated by the ICLF. The Harbour remains closed to traffic, leaving many local merchants forced to use alternative ways to get goods out of the city."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "WXXI Spoke with one merchant."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Woman's Voice "It's BLEEPing crazy. Usually I'd be able to get my goods up Genesee, and into the city. But now? A bunch of BLEEPing dipBLEEPs who call themselves 'freedom fighters' are making it so I have to run caravans over land. I lost good people to Reds ya know."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "CPF Authorities say that, while reopening the docks is a priority, they are unable to do so until it is 'absolutely safe' to do so."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Next up on WXXI, Are Pittsburgers People? One local man says yes. But first, a few words from our sponsors."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Rachael Donovan: "WXXI is only able to operate due to support from our proud sponors, like these. O'Neal Imports. Serving the Upstate area since 2029."

Anonymous

A little bit of a different format today, as it was originally RP'd over discord, forgive me.

[**WXXI News Jingle Plays**]
Raymond McCormick: "Good Evening. This is WXXI News. I'm Ray McCormick interrupting to bring you live to our reporter at the Nazareth College, where the brave CPF Rangers of Fort Harris are due to receive a commendation for the rescue of Head Counselor Anton Korshunov. Rachael?"
Sarah Hanning: "Thanks Ray. We expect the ceremony to begin any minut.... its starting. Head Counselor Korshunov is heading to the stage. Let's listen."
Anton Korshunov: "I come before you, not as your leader, but as a survivor of a singular moment in our history: a terrible moment, bearing the heart-breaking tragedy of hundreds and hundreds of lives lost in the name of uncertainty and vileness." He pauses. "But we are at another moment; a cross-roads, one which will determine the fate of our Coalition -- our nation, our ways of life." Again, he pauses and he cuts his speech off. " ... A cross-road, whose path will be blazed by our son's and daughter's. Those who have vowed to protect our nation, like those we've come to honor today. I'm proud to introduce those who sacrificed ... so much for us. That unit is: 2-15, or as they've called themselves, Fort Harris. Please, step out and join me on the stage."
Sarah Hanning: "We see the rangers making their way to the stage now to receive their metals."
[**The Coalition Anthem Plays**]
[**The Intercom Starts listing names of CPF Rangers, there is cheering going on while this is happening that can be heard**]
Anton Korshunox: ""While we love those who have put their lives on the line to defend the Coalition. We need someone who embodies our greatest values, one to inspire us again. Someone who can be a symbol--a marker for what we can be. It is with great honor that I announce that person -- a woman who rose above her status in the Slums, one who sought to be greater than she could be, the individual who drove Carl Miller and his band of murderers from Monroe County ... and the one who will lead us into the future in our preservation and defense against those who choose violence and instability for our great nation -- Maxine Rutherford." "
[**A round of applause can be heard**]
Max Rutherford: "I ain't gonna start this speech off with some pointless introduction. Y'all know who I am and why we're all here today. To honor how my unit risked our lives rescuin' Korshunov from Brighton. And 'cause'a that, Korshunov here figured he'd put me up on some pedestal. Make me a beacon of hope fer the people of Pittsford in these dark times, or somethin' inspiring like that. Someone y'all could relate to, 'cause I'm from Liberty. But, to be entirely honest with y'all, I think Korshunov's full of shit." There is a moment of silence, you could swear you can hear a pin drop over the radio. "He doesn't care about anyone in Liberty. Neither do any of the other bastards high up in command. He'll claim he does, acts like he's workin' for the betterment of everyone, when he'd sooner kill every last person in Liberty simply fer fightin' to be equal. To be treated with a single ounce of respect. That's what this war is about. How can he stand here, in front of countless people, and honest-to-god claim he's doin' what's right?"
Max Rutherford: "I've been part'a the Coalition fer over a decade. I've put my life on the line fer these people more times than I can count. But if this is what the man who's leadin' us is really like, then I think I'll be seriously reconsiderin' where my allegiances lie. I don't want to be used to further some corrupt politician's agenda. I can at least admit I'm worth more than that.I suggest y'all think long and hard about what the Coalition is really fightin' here -- terrorists who just wanna do us harm, or normal people who're fightin' ha--"
[**The room is quiet, aside from some whispers.**]
Woman's Voice: "That concludes the ceremony! Please head to the lounge at Woodcliff for the..."
[**The Audio Begins to Quiet, but Sarah begins speaking. You can still clearly hear that the woman continues to say "after-party. There's plenty of snacks, and socialization to be done. A round of applause for Korshunov and the heroes of 2-15" while she is speaking.**]
[**Applause can be heard**]
Sarah Hanning: "And that concludes the ceremony, where the Rangers of Outpost 2-15 were recognized for their bravery. What a speech from Senior Ranger Rutherford, calling out Anton Korshunov and the government for--"
[**The audio completely cuts out from the event**]
Raymond McCormick: "That was Sarah Hanning reporting live from Pittsford, thanks Sarah." There is are a few seconds of pause. "We now return to our normal programing. This is Ray McCormick, for WXXI News, signing off. Have a good night, and stay safe out there."

Anonymous

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: WXXI News Jingle Players
Raymond McCormick: "Good... Evening. This is your 12am news broadcast, giving you live updates from the situation in Pittsford. I'm Ray McCormick."
Raymond McCormick: "About 5 CPF Peacekeepers have been killed by terrorists calling themselves the "ICLF." The brutal attack, carried out in the Alcove District, is one of the latest attacks on peacekeepers from violent anarchists.
Raymond McCormick: "
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "We go to our reporter, Rachael Donovan, live at the seen. Rachael?"
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Sarah Hanning: "Thanks Ray. CPF officals say that the attack was carried out in the early hours of the morning of December 1st, by ICLF Terrorists brandishing automatic weapons."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Sarah Hanning: "The Rangers, identified as Rangers Martha Washington, Jeffery Wilkerson, Anthony Sanchez, Carol Wright and Brittany Love, were shot unaware as they attemped to search a purported ICLF Safehouse."
Raymond McCormick: "The suspects were then killed in a firefight with Coalition Forces.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Sarah Hanning: "CPF Forces have told me that they do not see the violence ending anytime soon. Back to you Ray."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "That was Sarah Hanning in the Alcove District."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "The Liberity District remains without services as ICLF Terrortists have taken over the neighborhood, and is refusing to let anyone in or out, including EMS personel. We spoke to one Senior Ranger posted outside the district."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Nameless Ranger: "It's hell in there. These Terrorists won't let anyone in or out of the district. We set up a perimiter and we fear we might have to use lethal force to have to rescue innocent civilians inside the zone."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "In other news, the Nazareth Distict remains closed due to a bomb scare. Officals this morning found a bag containing 30 pipebombs located under a seat in a tram station located a few blocks from the government offices. The bomb was quickly found thanks to one diligent commuter, and the bomb was safely defused. The district remains closed however as Rangers sweep the area for any more bombs. Civilians living there are instructed to remain in their homes."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Folks, its not often I talk to you directly, rather than just present the news, but one thing is clear."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I woke up lovely Tuesday one morning, back before the collapse."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I was just finishing up working on the script for the noon newscast when I heard the news."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "America had been attacked."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Four planes had been hijacked. Two slammed into the World Trade Center, One into the Pentagon, and One into a field in Pennsilyvania."
Raymond McCormick: "This was 29 years ago. A time that may feel forever ago, but one that feels like it is being repeated."
Raymond McCormick: "Much like the terrorists on that day, these ICLF Terrorists HATE our way of life. They hate that we managed to rebuild America. They hate that they no longer can kill, rape, and steal."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: They want lawlessness, they want to be freedom to rob innocent people and leave them helpless at the hands of the Red Eyes. Well..."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "We got news for you. The only reward you will get is a bullet from the barrel of a gun."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Some of you may have forgot that day, some of you may not have been born yet. Maybe you knew someone who died, despite everyone we lost during the collapse, some of you might've served in the US Army in the War on Terror that followed."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "But know this, we said we would never forget."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "If the ICLF wants us to forget that day. But I will say this."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "The CPF will NEVER surrender to those who would threaten our way of life. We will never surrender to terrorists."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "To all our brave men and women in the Rangers, I salute you."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "This has been WXXI News. This is Ray McCormick.
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Goodnight."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI: Sarah Hanning: "WXXI is only able to operate due to support from our proud sponors, like these. Do you want to serve your community? The CPF Rangers want you. Inquire at your local recuriting office."
Raymond McCormick: WXXI Outro Plays
Raymond McCormick:

Anonymous

Envy's Note: This is Transcribed from a Discord RP session between Raymond and Max. This was not broadcast ingame via /all, however, icly, this was broadcast on WXXI. Despite it not being an interview broadcasted on /all, I have reformatted it in the same fashion as all other WXXI News Broadcasts.

WXXI: "Your News, Your Station. WXXI, Rochester."
*WXXI News Jingle Plays*

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Good Afternoon. This is WXXI News. I'm Ray McCormick here with a special report.

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Today we are broadcasting from an undisclosed location. I have with me disgraced CPF Ranger, and wanted terrorist, Maxine Rutherford. Miss Rutherford, welcome to the program."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Happy to be here, McCormick."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I am also glad to be given this opportunity to sit down with you. Miss Rutherford, I'm sure you are aware of recent events this past week in Pittsford. Tell me, do you endorse the atrocities in the Nazareth District committed by the ICLF?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I think it was entirely justified. The Coalition came into New Karanda and started slaughterin' civilians left and right, no hesitation. Ain't sure what the exact death toll was, but it was high. Even lost a member of my unit after OSI got called in. What Grant and his people did in Nazareth is nothin' compared to what the Coalition did. It's inexcusable."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "So, I'm going to have to ask you to clarify. Do you feel that an anti-terror operation against terrorists who have been given every chance to surrender is "inexcuseable", but firing squad executions of innocent civilians is justified?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Firing squad executions of innocent civilians' is exactly what the Coalition did on New Karanda, I don't know exactly what Grant did in Nazareth. If he went firin' on civilians all willy-nilly, then that's news to me. Ain't easy to get information all the way out here with everything going on in the city. I still believe he's fightin' fer a good cause, though. Sure, civilians have died in a lot of the attacks orchestrated by the ICLF. I more or less lost my fiancée during the initial bombings in '29. But, at this point, the Coalition is committin' literal war crimes. I've been a Ranger fer over a decade, and I can't in good faith continue supportin' them knowin' what they've done."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I think there are several problems with that statement Miss Rutherford, but I'm going to start with the first one. There were no civilians in New Karnada, there were members of the ICLF planning attacks like the one being planned in the Nazereth district. And if there were, would you, as a former CPF Ranger, really think the vast majority of your former colleagues would commit actions on the same level that the ICLF committed in the Nazereth district?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "With all due respect, McCormick, you weren't on New Karanda. You didn't see the conditions. All those innocent people, families crammed in there 'cause they couldn't go back to their homes due to all the fighting. The ICLF was doin' their best to keep 'em safe when the Coalition wouldn't. Korshunov's made it abundantly clear he couldn't care less about any of those people. I ain't surprised he's labelin' anyone who ain't completely suckin' up to him terrorists and members of the ICLF."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Addin' to that, I don't think a lotta the Rangers participatin' in all this understand what they're doin'. Korshunov's gettin' into their heads, makin' 'em believe they're doin' somethin' good. He's gotten to you, too, if you're honestly sittin' here tellin' me that New Karanda wasn't filled with innocents."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I speak to a lot of rangers, Miss Rutherford, its part of my job to ask the hard questions that nobody wants to ask, and when I talk to the men and women who proudly wear the coalition uniform, I have trouble believing that they'd gun down innocent civilians for kicks. I highly doubt that you'd intentionally kill civilians Miss Rutherford, and I don't believe everything I hear, but, there are a lot of holes in your story."

Max Ruthferford: WXXI: "You aren't listenin' to me, McCormick. I don't think they're gunnin' 'em down fer kicks, either. They don't see them as civilians to begin with. In their minds, they're killin' a bunch of terrorists, 'cause that's what Korshunov wants 'em to believe. I doubt the guy would have as many people rallyin' behind him if they knew what they were really doin'."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Miss Rutherford, lets move on. I read the causality lists of those missing in action since the bombings in Nazareth, was one Erick Gonzalez. According to reports, Gonzalez was assigned under your command for a time. Do you think he would agree with your decision to go rogue?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Haven't seen Gonzalez in a long time now. Prob'ly over a year. Think he's doin' somethin' with OSI. But, regardless, I don't know how he'd feel. We were never that close or nothin'. Guy had a good heart, though. I think he'd prob'ly understand."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: ""Do you think there is an equal chance that you're seeing terrorists as innocent civilians Miss Rutherford? If your argument is that your average ranger can't tell the difference between a terrorist and a civilian, could you be doing the same, if the lines really are as blurry as your say?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "S'pose there's a possibility. I'm biased, that's fer sure. But, the choice to join up with the ICLF was my own. No one was tellin' me what to do. Woulda been a whole lot easier to stick with the group I've been with fer over a decade and go along with everything Korshunov said, dontcha think? I feel pretty confident the ICLF ain't what Korshunov's makin' 'em out to be."

Raymomd McCormick: WXXI: "Is that why you joined the ICLF Miss Rutherford? Your dislike of the chain of command?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Among other things."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Do you think you were promoted to quickly up the chain of command Miss Rutherford? We haven't gone into your personnel history, but your promotion to Senior Ranger was rather expedient, don't you think?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I got promoted to a Senior to try and keep me quiet about how Hood executed a suspected Brighton agent in my outpost. promoted Gonzales to a Ranger before his two years as a Junior were up, too. Doubt they woulda ever promoted me otherwise. Though, when they're promotin' people like Eddie Zielinski to Senior after he was a Junior not even two years earlier, I really question their judgement as a whole."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "So, for the record, do you think it was a mistake to promote you?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Think it was fair considerin' all my years of service and the fact that I was already the de-facto leader of 2-15 after the sex scandal fiasco with Senior Ranger Henry Kingsbury. What I don't think is fair is promotin' a clearly incompetent child from Junior to Senior within the span of a few months 'cause yer so strapped her SR's, or whatever their reasonin' was."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "So, you feel that the rank of Senior Ranger is a reward for time served in the CPF, rather than say, merit?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Merit's the major reason someone should be promoted to Senior, but Eddie's got neither goin' for him. Just my two cents. "

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Anyway, I didn't come here to talk about that idiot."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Agreed, lets keep things on topic. On to my next question Miss Rutherford. You mentioned your Fiancée died in the days after the bombings, however, if my memory serves me correctly, she died on New Years Eve by a self inflicted gunshot wound. Did Miss Jackson know of your plans to defect to the ICLF, do you think she would have agreed?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I said she more or less died. Corey lost her legs after gettin' trapped beneath the rubble when the ICLF blew up the RFO. She was never the same after that. Always had a complex about her strength, so bein' disabled left her feelin' completely useless. Wouldn't even use a wheelchair. Got to the point where I was takin' care of her full-time on top of my riot duty, 'til she eventually offed herself on New Years Eve."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "We didn't really talk about it. That was before I'd made up my mind. I bet she would've agreed, though. Yeah."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I should say that I am truly sorry for your loss Miss Rutherford, but as a journalist, I need to ask the hard questions to get answers. I've spoken to a couple of my sources, prior to this interview, that say you're in a relationship with the former leader of an ICLF linked street gang, the Dollfaces, Rhea Varnado, better known by the street name 'Barbie Doll.' Is there any truth to this?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Yeah. I've got no reason to hide it -- Rae and I are together. Ain't gonna go into any more detail than that, though. The whole world doesn't need to know about my relationship; that's personal."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Do you think being in a relationship with a terrorist might influence your decision making?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Being in a relationship period would influence anyone's decision making."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Is Miss Varnado the reason you defected to the ICLF?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I made that decision on my own, told you that before."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Can we talk about somethin' other than my relationship?"

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Very well."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI "We're coming up to the end of the half hour, but we have time for a few more questions. Miss Rutherford, what would you say to the families of the Rangers killed by the ICLF?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I'd say I'm sorry fer their loss. War's hard, but losin' family's even harder. I'm hopin' we're nearin' the end."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Even as you support the people who ruthlessly kill them?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "They were just doin' what they had to do. Are you tellin' me that, if someone were tryin' to kill you, you'd just stand there and do nothin'?" "

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I will say, there are some people in the ICLF doin' that," she adds a few moments later. "The Patriots, namely. But I think I speak fer a lot of people in the ICLF when I say I don't condone what they're doin'."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Then why hasn't the ICLF done anything about 'The Patriots'? Isn't silence a tacit endorsement?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Dunno. I can't speak fer the leadership."

"Do you think the ICLF Leadership approves of these tactics?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I know they don't, just don't know why nothin's been done."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "For clarification, when you don't agree with the CPF Leadership, so you decided to work with a terror group to bring down the coalition. However, when you don't agree with ICLF leadership, you continue to work with them?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Next question."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I see... I think we've come up to the end of our allotted time Miss Rutherford."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Well, I've got one last thing to say 'fore we end this off."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Very well Miss Rutherford, you have the floor."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Sorry in advance about the fine yer gonna get. Korshunov you fuckin' bastard, I know yer listenin' to this. I wish I'd blown yer brains out when I had the chance. Would saved everyone a whole fuckin' world of trouble. Fuck you."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: ...

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Thank You for coming on the program Miss Rutherford."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "That was Maxine Rutherford, Former CPF Senior Ranger and Accused Terrorist. I'm Ray McCormick. From those of us here at WXXI have a good night."

Envy's Note: Same Disclaimer as Above, but this is how the interview aired when it was rebroadcast on WXXI at 10pm that evening, and likely later in the week.

WXXI: "Your News, Your Station. WXXI, Rochester."
*WXXI News Jingle Plays*

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Good Afternoon. This is WXXI News. I'm Ray McCormick here with a special report.

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Today we are broadcasting from an undisclosed location. I have with me disgraced CPF Ranger, and wanted terrorist, Maxine Rutherford. Miss Rutherford, welcome to the program."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Happy to be here, McCormick."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I am also glad to be given this opportunity to sit down with you. Miss Rutherford, I'm sure you are aware of recent events this past week in Pittsford. Tell me, do you endorse the atrocities in the Nazareth District committed by the ICLF?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I think it was entirely justified. The Coalition came into New Karanda and started slaughterin' civilians left and right, no hesitation. Ain't sure what the exact death toll was, but it was high. Even lost a member of my unit after OSI got called in. What Grant and his people did in Nazareth is nothin' compared to what the Coalition did. It's inexcusable."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "So, I'm going to have to ask you to clarify. Do you feel that an anti-terror operation against terrorists who have been given every chance to surrender is "inexcuseable", but firing squad executions of innocent civilians is justified?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Firing squad executions of innocent civilians' is exactly what the Coalition did on New Karanda, I don't know exactly what Grant did in Nazareth. If he went firin' on civilians all willy-nilly, then that's news to me. Ain't easy to get information all the way out here with everything going on in the city. I still believe he's fightin' fer a good cause, though. Sure, civilians have died in a lot of the attacks orchestrated by the ICLF. I more or less lost my fiancée during the initial bombings in '29. But, at this point, the Coalition is committin' literal war crimes. I've been a Ranger fer over a decade, and I can't in good faith continue supportin' them knowin' what they've done."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I think there are several problems with that statement Miss Rutherford, but I'm going to start with the first one. There were no civilians in New Karnada, there were members of the ICLF planning attacks like the one being planned in the Nazereth district. And if there were, would you, as a former CPF Ranger, really think the vast majority of your former colleagues would commit actions on the same level that the ICLF committed in the Nazereth district?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "With all due respect, McCormick, you weren't on New Karanda. You didn't see the conditions. All those innocent people, families crammed in there 'cause they couldn't go back to their homes due to all the fighting. The ICLF was doin' their best to keep 'em safe when the Coalition wouldn't. Korshunov's made it abundantly clear he couldn't care less about any of those people. I ain't surprised he's labelin' anyone who ain't completely suckin' up to him terrorists and members of the ICLF."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Addin' to that, I don't think a lotta the Rangers participatin' in all this understand what they're doin'. Korshunov's gettin' into their heads, makin' 'em believe they're doin' somethin' good. He's gotten to you, too, if you're honestly sittin' here tellin' me that New Karanda wasn't filled with innocents."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I speak to a lot of rangers, Miss Rutherford, its part of my job to ask the hard questions that nobody wants to ask, and when I talk to the men and women who proudly wear the coalition uniform, I have trouble believing that they'd gun down innocent civilians for kicks. I highly doubt that you'd intentionally kill civilians Miss Rutherford, and I don't believe everything I hear, but, there are a lot of holes in your story."

Max Ruthferford: WXXI: "You aren't listenin' to me, McCormick. I don't think they're gunnin' 'em down fer kicks, either. They don't see them as civilians to begin with. In their minds, they're killin' a bunch of terrorists, 'cause that's what Korshunov wants 'em to believe. I doubt the guy would have as many people rallyin' behind him if they knew what they were really doin'."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Miss Rutherford, lets move on. I read the causality lists of those missing in action since the bombings in Nazareth, was one Erick Gonzalez. According to reports, Gonzalez was assigned under your command for a time. Do you think he would agree with your decision to go rogue?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Haven't seen Gonzalez in a long time now. Prob'ly over a year. Think he's doin' somethin' with OSI. But, regardless, I don't know how he'd feel. We were never that close or nothin'. Guy had a good heart, though. I think he'd prob'ly understand."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: ""Do you think there is an equal chance that you're seeing terrorists as innocent civilians Miss Rutherford? If your argument is that your average ranger can't tell the difference between a terrorist and a civilian, could you be doing the same, if the lines really are as blurry as your say?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "S'pose there's a possibility. I'm biased, that's fer sure. But, the choice to join up with the ICLF was my own. No one was tellin' me what to do. Woulda been a whole lot easier to stick with the group I've been with fer over a decade and go along with everything Korshunov said, dontcha think? I feel pretty confident the ICLF ain't what Korshunov's makin' 'em out to be."

Raymomd McCormick: WXXI: "Is that why you joined the ICLF Miss Rutherford? Your dislike of the chain of command?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Among other things."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Do you think you were promoted to quickly up the chain of command Miss Rutherford? We haven't gone into your personnel history, but your promotion to Senior Ranger was rather expedient, don't you think?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I got promoted to a Senior to try and keep me quiet about how Hood executed a suspected Brighton agent in my outpost. promoted Gonzales to a Ranger before his two years as a Junior were up, too. Doubt they woulda ever promoted me otherwise. Though, when they're promotin' people like Eddie Zielinski to Senior after he was a Junior not even two years earlier, I really question their judgement as a whole."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "So, for the record, do you think it was a mistake to promote you?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Think it was fair considerin' all my years of service and the fact that I was already the de-facto leader of 2-15 after the sex scandal fiasco with Senior Ranger Henry Kingsbury. What I don't think is fair is promotin' a clearly incompetent child from Junior to Senior within the span of a few months 'cause yer so strapped her SR's, or whatever their reasonin' was."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "So, you feel that the rank of Senior Ranger is a reward for time served in the CPF, rather than say, merit?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Merit's the major reason someone should be promoted to Senior, but Eddie's got neither goin' for him. Just my two cents. "

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Anyway, I didn't come here to talk about that idiot."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Agreed, lets keep things on topic. On to my next question Miss Rutherford. You mentioned your Fiancée died in the days after the bombings, however, if my memory serves me correctly, she died on New Years Eve by a self inflicted gunshot wound. Did Miss Jackson know of your plans to defect to the ICLF, do you think she would have agreed?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I said she more or less died. Corey lost her legs after gettin' trapped beneath the rubble when the ICLF blew up the RFO. She was never the same after that. Always had a complex about her strength, so bein' disabled left her feelin' completely useless. Wouldn't even use a wheelchair. Got to the point where I was takin' care of her full-time on top of my riot duty, 'til she eventually offed herself on New Years Eve."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "We didn't really talk about it. That was before I'd made up my mind. I bet she would've agreed, though. Yeah."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I should say that I am truly sorry for your loss Miss Rutherford, but as a journalist, I need to ask the hard questions to get answers. I've spoken to a couple of my sources, prior to this interview, that say you're in a relationship with the former leader of an ICLF linked street gang, the Dollfaces, Rhea Varnado, better known by the street name 'Barbie Doll.' Is there any truth to this?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Yeah. I've got no reason to hide it -- Rae and I are together. Ain't gonna go into any more detail than that, though. The whole world doesn't need to know about my relationship; that's personal."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Do you think being in a relationship with a terrorist might influence your decision making?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Being in a relationship period would influence anyone's decision making."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Is Miss Varnado the reason you defected to the ICLF?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I made that decision on my own, told you that before."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Can we talk about somethin' other than my relationship?"

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Very well."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI "We're coming up to the end of the half hour, but we have time for a few more questions. Miss Rutherford, what would you say to the families of the Rangers killed by the ICLF?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I'd say I'm sorry fer their loss. War's hard, but losin' family's even harder. I'm hopin' we're nearin' the end."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Even as you support the people who ruthlessly kill them?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "They were just doin' what they had to do. Are you tellin' me that, if someone were tryin' to kill you, you'd just stand there and do nothin'?" "

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I will say, there are some people in the ICLF doin' that," she adds a few moments later. "The Patriots, namely. But I think I speak fer a lot of people in the ICLF when I say I don't condone what they're doin'."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Then why hasn't the ICLF done anything about 'The Patriots'? Isn't silence a tacit endorsement?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Dunno. I can't speak fer the leadership."

"Do you think the ICLF Leadership approves of these tactics?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "I know they don't, just don't know why nothin's been done."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "For clarification, when you don't agree with the CPF Leadership, so you decided to work with a terror group to bring down the coalition. However, when you don't agree with ICLF leadership, you continue to work with them?"

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Next question."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "I see... I think we've come up to the end of our allotted time Miss Rutherford."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Well, I've got one last thing to say 'fore we end this off."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Very well Miss Rutherford, you have the floor."

Max Rutherford: WXXI: "Sorry in advance about the fine yer gonna get. Korshunov you *BLEEP*in' bastard, I know yer listenin' to this. I wish I'd blown yer brains out when I had the chance. Would saved everyone a whole *BLEEP*in' world of trouble. *BLEEP* you."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "Thank You for coming on the program Miss Rutherford."

Raymond McCormick: WXXI: "That was Maxine Rutherford, Former CPF Senior Ranger and Accused Terrorist. I'm Ray McCormick. From those of us here at WXXI, have a good night."

Anonymous

Thread is Now Locked. WXXI is now off the air. The Whereabouts of Raymond McCormick or his Reporter/Sound Enginner, Sarah Hanning, are unknown.

At 9:40pm, EST, the final moments of the station are heard, with the music cutting out for a good three minutes before, the WXXI Jingle played one final time.

"This is WXXI. I'm Ray McCormick. This is an automated broadcast. If you are hearing this, this means the station has unexpectantly lost its ability to broadcast to the tower. After three minutes of broadcast silence not proceeded with the WXXI Jingle, this automatically system automatically activates, taking over the signal from a remote location. This message means that whatever is going on, is likely not good. Either way, this is Raymond McCormick. WXXI is now signing off for what is hopefully not the last time, but could possibly be forever. From those of us at WXXI to you, stay safe, and have a good day."

Status
Not open for further replies.