≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

What would you like to see out of our B41 lore?

MindGate

Co-Owner | Lore Goblin
Staff member
Lore Master
Owner
Admin
Donator+
Donator
Heya! I wanna see how all of you visualize our B41 being since we're getting so close to the new build coming out. Have any cool ideas? Post 'em here! Have any suggestions on things we could improve on? Have any cool systems we could look into implementing? Here's the place to throw 'em.

(A suggestion is a suggestion; understand there are no guarantees we implement everything. This is mainly for fun!)
Please keep the thread positive and friendly. It will be locked and warnings will be given out if we can't manage that.

Jouska

I suggest a shorter, not-open-ended lore with a definitive ending. My idea is a hard-science day-zero zombie disease outbreak, where the players are directly involved in the initial response. Players could choose official science/military characters with explicit goals to strive towards, or civilians drawn into the story by proximity. Each weekend would have a pre-planned event, and the lore ends upon completion of the final event. The beginning stages would heavily feature quarantine procedures and failed evacuation. Events would be geared towards retrieving the information, material, or equipment necessary to research and defend against the outbreak (Event examples: an over-run hospital has notes on patient zero that must be retrieved. A rogue National Guard troop is sitting on a supply of precious weapons that we need to 'convince' them to part with). The later stages would feature increasing defense as containment fails and the spread of the disease becomes exponential. The final event would be an all-out last stand in the player-created hub base against unending waves of zombies where the only goal is to hold out long enough for a rescue chopper, with survival assuredly not guaranteed. The lore itself wouldn't last longer than one to two months, depending on the number of planned events.

While the events themselves are pre-planned, the outcomes are not. The final result might end on a hopeful note or it may end bleak and hopeless, depending on player actions, failures, and successes.

SgtoSeryei

Forum Banned
I suggest a shorter, not-open-ended lore with a definitive ending. My idea is a hard-science day-zero zombie disease outbreak, where the players are directly involved in the initial response. Players could choose official science/military characters with explicit goals to strive towards, or civilians drawn into the story by proximity. Each weekend would have a pre-planned event, and the lore ends upon completion of the final event. The beginning stages would heavily feature quarantine procedures and failed evacuation. Events would be geared towards retrieving the information, material, or equipment necessary to research and defend against the outbreak (Event examples: an over-run hospital has notes on patient zero that must be retrieved. A rogue National Guard troop is sitting on a supply of precious weapons that we need to 'convince' them to part with). The later stages would feature increasing defense as containment fails and the spread of the disease becomes exponential. The final event would be an all-out last stand in the player-created hub base against unending waves of zombies where the only goal is to hold out long enough for a rescue chopper, with survival assuredly not guaranteed. The lore itself wouldn't last longer than one to two months, depending on the number of planned events.

While the events themselves are pre-planned, the outcomes are not. The final result might end on a hopeful note or it may end bleak and hopeless, depending on player actions, failures, and successes.
Sounds like I would die day 0 xD

Last edited:

Devon

YMCM Champion
Donator++
Donator+
Donator
Imo the stars are aligned for a pre-apoc, on this one.

(I can add some ideas and suggestions later on today.)

(Edit: I’m still making the suggests reply—been super bogged down with work, but hopefully can have it replied today. Mostly just stuff about pre-apoc + some character questions and such)

Last edited:

Pika

Co-Owner | Resident Gerbil
Staff member
Dumbass Lesbian
Application Master
Owner
Admin
Donator++
Donator+
Donator
Imo the stars are aligned for a pre-apoc, on this one.

(I can add some ideas and suggestions later on today.)
I feel that way, too! We're pretty torn on that one though. While I can't say for sure it'll be pre-apoc, I can confirm that next lore will be incredibly early-on into the apocalypse (day 1, week 1, etc.) if not pre-apoc.

SgtoSeryei

Forum Banned
I will put some weight on the balance: I think some players, myself included, would love to see some pre-apoc!

AlexDE12

Personally I think less than pre apoc, I'd like to see everything starting to go to hell.

Strange reports
Disappearances
Martial law
riots
looting
quarantines

I know some might consider that pre apoc, but to me that's the apocalypse phase, when everything goes south. Instead of starting in the middle, we start at the very beggining, with the morning news commenting about some hobo biting someone's face off

SgtoSeryei

Forum Banned
Personally I think less than pre apoc, I'd like to see everything starting to go to hell.

Strange reports
Disappearances
Martial law
riots
looting
quarantines

I know some might consider that pre apoc, but to me that's the apocalypse phase, when everything goes south. Instead of starting in the middle, we start at the very beggining, with the morning news commenting about some hobo biting someone's face off
Thats what I meant by pre-apoc indeed xD

Maggie

I am with the rest, it would be absolutely amazing to do something super early on!

sschwan

Commander Gay
Donator++
Donator+
Donator
Sounds pretty promising honestly! Could even play our characters that have survived, and their origin story. Would be pretty neat character wise and rp wise!