≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Weekly Update: Redux / Q&A #3

MindGate

Co-Owner | Lore Goblin
Staff member
Lore Master
Owner
Admin
Donator+
Donator

INTRODUCTION
Howdy, folks! It’s time for issue three of our weekly updates. I know y’all are wondering what’s going on behind the scenes as of late and while this will be a lighter post in comparison to last weeks it does have a few interesting things I’ve been wanting to talk to all of you about! I also have a few other personal things to bring up here for the sake of making it clear on why I haven’t gotten as much work done as I originally intended between the last post and now. Let’s get right into it.

WHAT’S NEW WITH THE MINI-LORE?
A few things! I’m currently still waist-deep in the development of our custom map, as well as pre-production plans for our map for the next main lore. Right now, I’ve finished Carpenter Station and have started designs for several other POIs that will be featured prominently within the mini-lore. I have also partnered up with Cid to streamline the building process a bit - he will be producing some buildings for our yet-to-be-announced main lore and our upcoming mini-lore. Additionally, we have finished the production of our opening event and will be pretty much good to go soon - we are currently estimating this mini-lore lasting five weeks with two events per week. I can’t promise a release date yet, but it inches closer with every passing week!

Here are a few images of Carpenter Station:

This is an overhead shot of our station. It contains 27~ rooms plus two exterior buildings.

This is a close-up shot of several rooms within the station including a fully furnished snowcat garage, offices, storeroom, kennel, REC room, armory, uni-sex restroom/showers and bedrooms which each hold two people. More bedrooms will be added if there are more applicants.

Yet another close-up shot! This one contains several rooms including; the kitchen, the mess-hall, medical, specimen lab, map room, radio room, two separate labs with quarantines/cold-storage, and the greenhouse.

CUSTOM TILES
This is something I mentioned briefly last week. I am currently investigating the possibility of implementing custom tiles into Project Zomboid’s building editor and have currently produced a few as is. I will openly admit this is something that has a slimmer chance of happening due to the software being incredibly difficult to work with, but if it is manageable, we will be able to create new biomes going forward in lore’s, which means theoretically we could toy with different true-to-life areas or even more fictionalized things. Did I hear alien planets? I heard alien planets.

Here are a couple of tiles I’ve already created! Some of you have probably seen these already though.

OTHER THINGS
This is more minor stuff, but some of you may have a potential interest in it! I am currently overhauling our FANDOM page on the side which includes a new color scheme, several new images, and updates to our navigational bar which now includes the start/end dates for What We Become and The Lone Star, as well as adding What Lies Beneath for pre-prep. I will be updating a few biographical pages when I have a chance.

These color schemes and images will be translated to Gateway Roleplay’s website soon, potentially as soon as this post goes live! We will be updating our website at the beginning of each lore with new images, updates to the color-scheme and promotional images. Keep in mind, some things are still subject to change! If you see any errors, please report them to us and we'll look into fixing them.

WHAT’S GOING ON WITH MINDGATE?
We’re going to drift off away from the realm of the lore for our closing bit of information here. I want to openly admit I haven’t been able to get near as much work done as I originally intended this last week and explain what’s going on with me, and I guess share a little bit about myself.

Just about all of you know me as exclusively MindGate but my name is Tyler, I’m twenty years old and never really specialized in much of anything until I started writing on here as a hobby. I was born pretty late into my parent’s life and it left me in a unique position where I’ve been in and out of hospitals for one or the other all my life. I’m currently working as a caregiver for my mother who has just recently been diagnosed with congestive heart failure and it’s been an increasingly stressful situation to be in. It leaves me in a frequently unreliable position where I may be pre-occupied with medical things.

This past week, for example, I’ve been in and out of the ER with my mother due to various issues stemming from her condition. She’s doing fine now, but some of these things can spout up without so much as a warning. Either way, I hope I’ve offered some clarity here. If I’m running late on certain things, this is why. I’ll still be here on Gateway RP when I can helping out with things, but there are going to be times I vanish for a few days.

PLAYER SUGGESTIONS
Do you have any suggestions or ideas regarding these announcements? If so, feel free to hit me up with them! I’m willing to hear anything you have out in full, but I cannot promise these things will be implemented.

PLAYER Q&A
If you have any questions, drop them here! I will make it my priority to answer them with whatever information I can currently give.

IN CLOSING
This has been a very different post from last week! My excitement is at an all-time high, production is going forward smoothly and I should have more to talk about next week regarding the state of the mini-lore and hopefully a release date if all goes well! I hope you all are as excited about this as me. I’m serious about the questions and suggestions, by the way! I know we’ve been somewhat flaky on them before, but I’m all into hearing what you, the community, has to say.

EnvyDemon

Look upon my edge, ye mighty, and despair!
Staff member
The One Who Knows Tilezed
Senior Admin
Admin
Social Media Manager
Donator++
Donator+
Donator
Damn, those custom wall tiles are awesome.

MindGate

Co-Owner | Lore Goblin
Staff member
Lore Master
Owner
Admin
Donator+
Donator
not ragging on the old lore but that had the issue of no mechanical power and heat
will this one have power and heat
mechanically
Yes. It's built within TileZed, so with the map having electricity at the beginning of the lore, it will have heat. I will additionally likely be adding a few fireplaces in case of any error. If none of this works, we won't have the map be ice-age levels of cold and instead roleplay it.

Cascade

Donator+
Best wishes to you and your mother. I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

Cascade

Donator+
Yes. It's built within TileZed, so with the map having electricity at the beginning of the lore, it will have heat. I will additionally likely be adding a few fireplaces in case of any error. If none of this works, we won't have the map be ice-age levels of cold and instead roleplay it.
Will you be enforcing people roleplaying the cold to an appropriate degree as admins?

MindGate

Co-Owner | Lore Goblin
Staff member
Lore Master
Owner
Admin
Donator+
Donator
Will you be enforcing people roleplaying the cold to an appropriate degree as admins?
Yes. We are in the middle of Antarctica and it is regularly -55 or lower. If anyone goes outside without the proper equipment, they will eventually freeze to death. I will be hammering the cold in as much as humanly possible throughout every event and interaction.

VCarrasola

Damn! This looks so good. Such a nice surprise, since I haven't been around for a while.
Also, I hope you and your family are okay, Mindgate. My best wishes for you man.

wit lov

vic