≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Weekly Update / Q&A #4

Spatz0r

https://media2.giphy.com/media/wF8sHuDlCUhB6/source.gif
Introduction
Hello everyone, welcome back to the not-so-weekly-but-hopefully-will-become-more-weekly-update/Q&A thread (working title)! It's been a very very busy few weeks for the team and we've got lots big updates and developments for you! We have a very big announcement regarding the future of the mini-lore and when you can expect to see it, an even bigger announcement regarding the much anticipated B41 lore that we're very excited about, and some smaller things that we're all very excited to share.

The Bad News First
As many of you have been seeing through these posts, a tremendous amount of work and dedication has been doing into building the mini-lore (What Lies Beneath) into something truly special and an experience that people cannot find on another server. Custom textures, custom maps, specialized buildings of all types, and countless pages of writing and idea boards have been made to try and tie everything together in a neat little knot. Unfortunately, as we have created all those bells and whistles, it's become increasingly apparent that to get 'What Lies Beneath' to a state that we can be proud of, we will need to postpone it until further notice. This saddens us as much as it might disappoint you, but we believe this to the the best course of action in order to continue to deliver stories that make you feel. However, as every storm cloud has a silver lining, this does bring me to the good news!

The Good News Second
Introducing...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muldraugh, 2013.
"The people, can we even call them that anymore? They're deformed, contorted like something out of a Lovecraft book. It's like their muscles are being hardened into bone, hard to look at.
I saw a man, a kid really, couldn't have been older than 20, fighting one of them the other day. He was backed into a corner with a shotgun, looked like he didn't want to shoot. One of those things got closer and closer, the kid looked away and pulled the trigger. A shot like that should have blown it's arm right off, but it barely tore the skin... I left after that, didn't want to hear the screams.
My wife and I, along with a few other, have been hiding out in a police station, not so sure that was a good move anymore. One of the guards is constantly on edge, with the military leaving and helicopter rescues becoming less frequent I can't blame him, but I'm not sure how much longer it'll be before he snaps and puts us all in danger."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's right everyone, introducing 'Lines We Cross', our new fully fledged lore to coincide with the B41 Animations release of Project Zomboid! Things are still in the early stages so I don't want to give away too much as of now, but expect many more info dumps about where we are with this lore in the coming weeks. We have some very cool concepts that play hand-in-hand with the way that the game works as of the animations build which we believe will deliver a very refreshing experience to all of you. Expect early whitelist applications to go live sometime in the next week, so start thinking about them PCs and stay tuned!

Some House Cleaning Items
A new challenger approaches
What strange, sexy man is writing this post? What sort of dumb u/ is 'Spatz0r', and why on earth is he so attractive? Well I'll tell you why;
Hey everyone, I'm Spatz0r and I'm the brand spankin new admin on this here server. You may recognize me from some other servers around Project Zomboid, I've been on the scene since probably around 2014 and moderating PZRP servers since probably 2015/2016. I hope to help bring an amazing RP experiance to you all in the (hopefully) many good years to come!

Weekly weekly weekly
Among other duties I'll also be taking over these weekly update posts, meaning that I solemnly swear that these posts will be weekly and will be posted every Friday around this time. If I ever fail to do this I will submit to a swift beheading lest I be shamed away from my post. Along with this the team is committing to a higher amount of player communication.

Q&A
Have any questions about anything that was posted here today (or really anything in general)? Ask in the comments down below! I'll be keeping a close eye on all comments and responding to them the best I can.

MindGate

Co-Owner | Lore Goblin
Staff member
Lore Master
Owner
Admin
Donator+
Donator
If anyone has any basic lore questions, I'll be around for a bit to answer them!

Pixie

Queen of the Bored
Donator+
Forum Banned
If anyone has any basic lore questions, I'll be around for a bit to answer them!
how far into the apoc are we gonna be?

also are y'all gonna do the group system we had during WWB?

also is mayonnaise an instrument?

MindGate

Co-Owner | Lore Goblin
Staff member
Lore Master
Owner
Admin
Donator+
Donator
how far into the apoc are we gonna be?

also are y'all gonna do the group system we had during WWB?

also is mayonnaise an instrument?
Great questions.
1. We're going to be starting pretty early into the apocalypse, I'll have more specifics up soon once I get our timeline completely finished. I'll add additionally we're intending on reaching a point in the lore we don't usually reach ... our website background may have suggested that.

2. Yes! We're all really in love with this feature and don't plan on removing it. We're discussing having it become the default option at lore-starts to encourage more roleplay for everyone involved.

3. Mayonnaise is indeed an instrument.

Tucker

Agent of the Geese Federation
Is it set in Kentucky? Or somewhere else? Oregon? Washington? West Virginia?

Also is it still the same time period? If I remember correctly you guys had set it in the 80's or 90's. I can't quite remember, maybe I'm going crazy and y'all never said anything about the time period.

Lastly, is it canon that mayonnaise is an instrument? I want my lone wolf character to strum a jar of thicc white sauce everywhere he goes.

MindGate

Co-Owner | Lore Goblin
Staff member
Lore Master
Owner
Admin
Donator+
Donator
Is it set in Kentucky? Or somewhere else? Oregon? Washington? West Virginia?

Also is it still the same time period? If I remember correctly you guys had set it in the 80's or 90's. I can't quite remember, maybe I'm going crazy and y'all never said anything about the time period.

Lastly, is it canon that mayonnaise is an instrument? I want my lone wolf character to strum a jar of thicc white sauce everywhere he goes.
1. It will be set in Kentucky; town names are to be determined. Our starting map is CURRENTLY set to be Muldraugh.
2. March 2013

3. Yes, it is canon.

when
and by that i mean when is it gonna be set and when is it gonna start
March 2013 - Launch Date is TBA. It will probably be a few days after B41 drops. There will also be a Discord Prelude with all of the randomized groups.

Last edited:

AmongTheCold

Aka Andrew and Tucker
Server Contributor
Donator+
Will you be introducing the faction system we've had in previous lores?

MindGate

Co-Owner | Lore Goblin
Staff member
Lore Master
Owner
Admin
Donator+
Donator
Will you be introducing the faction system we've had in previous lores?
Yes. I tend to consider this system as something we should have by default. I clarified with the team and we're all in agreement that this is the best way to handle NPC factions.