Terry_v2_web.jpg
Biographical Information
Age26 (August 9th)
StatusAlive
AffiliationCitizen of Monroe
OccupationUnknown
Personal Information
LikesReading, going on runs, being useful, picking herbs, being with friends
DislikesKilling zombies, fighting of any kind, talking about herself, being inadequate, guns (yes, still)
Personality traitsSelf-concious - Hesitant - Soft-spoken - Nurturing - Pacifist - Determined

TerryBanner.jpg

About

Known
Theresa "Terry" Winters grew up in a suburban household. She had a few, close friends. A divorced father whom she loved, but hardly ever saw. And an overbearing mother with a string of boyfriends.

When the red-eye hit, and her close family was lost, she was taken in by her aunt at her farm. They were night and day, as different as could be - Terry with her quiet, introverted and hesitant nature. Aunt Jo with song, laughter and a love for loud motorbikes. Yet they were soon close-knit, and Jo was the best parental figure Terry would ever have.

Sadly, Jo suffered from a rare, degenerative disease that would claim her life. When Jo left this world, Terry left the farm and became a drifter.

Things happened.

And Terry eventually drifted her way to Monroe.

Seen

(December-May)

She's always fiddling with her hands. Or what's left of them. She's a walking apology, anxious and always looking over her shoulder. Haunted. Hiding from something. Hiding something.

She finds solace in her friends, without whom she wouldn't still be here. Wouldn't still be around to keep trying.

Maybe there's still time.

(May-)
She's withdrawn and, as much as she tries to hide it, plainly struck with grief. Being one arm shorter, it's not hard to imagine why. Yet it seems to be more than this one loss - looking at her, it's easy to tell recent days have not been kind.

But still, and against all odds, she's alive. Beneath it all, there's still a spark of her determination, even if it burns less bright at the moment. It's what keeps her trying to regain her lost strength, and find out how not to waste the time she was given.

Time will tell if she succeeds.

Relationships

Jack Summers
You're the one who invited me into Monroe. In some ways you're so mature for your young age - but you're still a kid. You're one of the kindest and sincerest people I've met since the infection began. I always worry your kindness is going to get you in trouble.
I wish I could have helped you better. You didn't deserve any of this. I hope wherever you are, you find some kind of happiness.

Constantine Hasapis
Where to even begin - you gave me a job and a place in Monroe. You helped me when I was injured. You kept me in your shop even when I was more or less useless. You're patient and understanding. When things were falling apart around us, I came very close to leaving - you were the reason I stayed. I believe in what you say we can achieve. I want to work towards making it happen - I want to make it the reason I'm still here.
You're the head of Monroe now. I can't think of anyone better suited. I know you don't want it - but...I think that's what makes you the best one to do it. I'll do my best to help you, and Monroe, as much as I can.
We were too late to help Hope. We'll do better. Please say we'll do better.
Another mission. Another disaster. Another friend and then another, confined to the clinic, suffering life-altering injuries. Does it worry you at all? Does anything we do even matter?
It breaks my heart to leave without speaking with you first. I hope you find him. I hope you'll find the note I left. I hope you'll be safe.

Avery Dekker
You seem kind and competent, and someone with a lot on your mind. I think you carry a heavy burden for Monroe, something beyond your job as a scout, something I don't really know what is.
What you did...I couldn't believe it even as you told me. I'm horrified - but at the same time, am I really one to judge anyone for their actions?

Job
You invited me into Monroe and didn't turn me away, even as I was resistant towards the questions form. You've been understanding and have taken the time to listen to me when I was worried, even when you definitely have more important things to do. I'm grateful for that.
The things I've heard, about what you and the others did...how? I can't believe it. It doesn't make sense. We need answers - who are you?
We need leadership - where are you?

Marian Castle
I only met you a couple of times. I don't know a lot about you. But you seem like you know what you're doing, which is important when your job is to keep people safe, so...I guess that's good?
Everything suddenly fell apart, and you with it. I'm so confused. What happened to you?

Lorelei Cross
You scare me a little. I like to think that you're just being thorough and taking your job seriously. You seem more stern than mean.
Where did you go?

Luke Johanson ✞
You helped save my life and gave me more time to do what I need. Always kind, always looking out for me, and everyone around you. I can never repay you.
I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I couldn't do for you what you did for me. There really is no justice in this world. I hope you're at peace.

Joseph Leonetti
You helped save my life, and offered me support in the aftermath. I'll never not be grateful for that. You're a calm and caring soul, and I'm glad to have you in my life.
I'm sorry you got hurt. I hope you'll improve soon. But it gives me a chance to pay back a tiny amount of what you've done for me. It's my turn to help look after you.
Silk is wonderful. Thankyou for letting me keep her. I know you just wanted to get some sleep from her, and she can be a bit noisy at night...but she's a really good cat. Did you know she can open doors herself...?
It's been weeks since I've seen you. You seemed disappointed in Monroe. Perhaps you've moved on? I worry if you're okay.

Marcus O'Neill
You helped save my life, and listened to me when I was worried and scared. I'll always be grateful to your kindness, your unquestioning helpfulness.
Another one I haven't seen in forever. I wish I knew where you are. I hope you're safe.

Corey Jackson
So helpful and kind from the very first time I met you. You don't seem to be afraid of anything or anybody, and you're one of the most passionate people I've ever met. You seem to think the world of me too, and I really don't know why. You call me your sister - it's humbling, kind and terrifying, and so undeserved. I'm just going to disappoint you.
I knew I'd disappoint you - knew I couldn't live up to how highly you think, or thought, of me. I'm sad, but not surprised. I don't think anyone is at fault - it just is what it is. When you tell me I have my head in the sand, though...it hurts. Is it unfair? I've worked so hard to not let that happen again. Maybe it's just who I am. Maybe I should stop pretending it's not.
We have our differences, but deep down I think we agree on the most important things, and that's all that matters. Maybe I'll be stuck between you and Constantine again, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. No matter what though, I'm glad we're still friends.
I'm sorry I frightened you. Thank you for sticking with me and staying close. No matter how grim things look, no matter how affected you are, you never shy away from doing what you have to do. Not sure I could have gone through it without you.
Thank you. Once again you were there in a dark part of my life, and you made me realize what I need to do. I wish the circumstances were different, but I'm incredibly thankful you're with me through this.

Max Rutherford
Another person who scared me a bit to begin with. So direct, kind of confrontational. When I think about Corey setting us up to be friends, sitting us down in her kitchen, I have to laugh now - it was so awkward. I'm glad we're getting to know each other better. You seem kind of troubled, but also honest to yourself - I could learn a lot from you.
I'm glad you and Corey got together. I think you make a great couple. I think you make each other stronger and happier.
You've really shown yourself a dedicated friend of the like I never thought I'd have. When I thought my time was finally up, you offered me every help and kindness you could give me. With you and Corey both, I always wonder why you'd be so adamant in sticking with me, of all people - yet I can't help being incredibly grateful as well.
I'm worried about what happened at the outpost. Worried about what you told me. I'm sorry I had to leave that way - perhaps I should have talked with you first. I still consider you a dear friend. I hope you still think of me as one, too.

Texas Battle
You're always so happy and enthusiastic. How do you do it? It seems like nothing can knock you down. Even on the worst days, your enthusiasm is encouraging, and you have so many hidden talents. I'm very grateful that we're friends. Thank you for helping me feel safe again.
What was all that about the Roman empire...? That's not the Jim I know. Please don't do anything you'll regret.
I worry about you - you take everything in stride, but it also seems to make you take really high and unneccessary risks. You're going to get hurt if you keep it up - what can I do to help you see that?
I failed you. Both at protecting you from your own recklessness, and protecting you, as I planned to do, when we all went headfirst into danger. If only I'd kept an eye on you, if only I'd done something to convince you not to come along in the first place...
I'll do everything in my power to help you carry the loss you've suffered. I promise.
It breaks my heart to leave you like this. But I can't help you, or even myself, in the state I'm in. I need to find myself again. I just wish you had come with us. You better remember your promise to me.

I'm glad I came back to find you safe and so improved. You're been doing really well for yourself while I was gone. But there's something missing, still. A piece of the old Texas that I can't find anymore. I can't blame you for losing that piece, but...I really hope it comes back someday. I'll do all I can to help it return.

Lincoln O'Connor
We got off on the wrong foot, and it's been really tough trying to correct that. And I'm still not sure I want to - every time I've brought up why you're unnerving me, you seem to make excuses and tell me it's my fault, rather than convince me otherwise. You say you just want to be friends, and that I don't understand you. Maybe you're right. Everyone else say you're a wonderful person. But I still don't understand you.
I tried. I really did. Maybe it's better we just don't...talk that much to each other.

Omnia
I was hesitant towards you at first - worried about you speaking to beings not there, your strange way of talking and your beliefs that I don't understand. But I've since learned that all that doesn't really matter. You've taught me to be less judgemental. Now I only see the kindness that Jack sees, and I see why he thinks so highly of you.
I don't know where you went. Jack and Hope are both gone now. Maybe that's why you left. I understand if that's the case. I know we took the things from your home to help the people of Monroe, and I hope you'll think it was the right thing to do. I still feel terrible about it.

Anastasia Hope ✞
I never got to know you as well as I wanted to. You seemed like a kind person. What happened to you was wrong - it should never have ended that way. If only I'd gotten back with Constantine sooner.... I'm so sorry. We'll do better. But you can't use that for anything now. I hope you're at peace.

Sepp Junkers
I think the best way to describe you is...gruff. You scared me a little when we first met, but I deeply appreciate the offer you made me and Joseph, even when it wasn't needed. I think deep down you're a very caring person.
What happened between you and Hope? Who was guilty, and who wasn't? Why did it have to end this way?

Zed
I hope I'm not staring too much. Please tell me I'm not staring too much. Seeing you makes me want so badly to help you be well, but...I don't know what's happening, or has happened, to you in the first place. I don't know where to begin offering my help. Even though we haven't talked a lot, you seem like a kind and calm person, someone where it's easy to look past your appearance once one gets to know you. Maybe I can be helpful to you in time, as well.
I worry that you didn't return. I hope you're okay.

Liliana Marat
It's weird not having Jack around the inn anymore, but - wow. You've really fixed up the place. It's easy to forget what the world looks like outside when walking into the inn now. And your food is amazing - how do you do it? Thank you for using your decorating skills in the butcher shop as well - it looks so much nicer now.
I feel I never really told you how much I appreciate your kindness and warmth. Since Jack left, you've been a presence I could always count on being there when visiting the inn. I'm promising here and now to let you know the next time I see you.

I don't blame you for leaving. But I'm saddened you left me behind, without at least speaking to me first.

Laura Harper
I think we got off on the wrong foot. I just...don't like being analyzed. I don't like when people tell me who I am. They're mostly wrong. But I really hope we can get to know each other better. I'm sorry I was so awkward towards you. You seem sweet and well-meaning.

Crystal Chen
Thank you so much for the knife. It's helped me feel safe again, helped me get some of my freedom back once Texas and Constantine affixed it to my hand. A small item can make a big difference. You're a very talented trader, and I wonder how you do it. I hope we get to know each other better.
Thank you for helping me when I needed it. Even though you were in a hurry, and risking your own safety, you made sure I was coming along. I won't forget.
So many things have changed in Monroe since you became Minister. I wasn't sure about it at first. But now I've returned, and I hope I can help make it the best it can be.

Henry Patton
There's so many things happening now, so many new people working on so many new projects. I think it'll all help make Monroe better, and I think you will as well. You seem very grounded and helpful. Thanks for making those petri dishes for me - I'll put them to good use, I hope.
What you did was really brave. It makes me really sad to see what your bravery cost you. I'm glad you're still around, and I hope you'll get to see your kids again soon.
I wonder where you are right now. I hope your kids are safe. You...I'm not sure what I believe anymore.

Kaari'na
You're really good at what you do. And what you do is something we really need. Maybe we can help each other supply Monroe with medicine - or maybe you don't need me at all. It's clear that you're a lot more skilled at it than me. It's okay though - as long as the town gets what it needs.
I already thought you were good at what you do, and somehow I still had no idea. Your talent and skill saved my life, and the lives of the others, too. I really thought I'd run out of time this time - I can't ever repay you, but I promise I'll make the most of it.
I'm glad to see you so improved. The injuries you sustained had me very worried. I hope my offer to you was clear, and I'll be happy to see you make use of it, if you want to of course. I won't be needing my herbs or my house where I'm going anyway.

Elijah Hunt
You're back...! After what happened with Jack and Avery, after everything they told me, I was worried you didn't make it. And yet here you are. I'm very relieved you're alive and that you've returned safe to Monroe.
What surprises me the most is that you were happy to see me, too. I always thought you didn't like me very much. Was I mistaken?
Your family was always kind to me, and I'll do all I can to help you now, too.
Is it really true about you....? I can't believe it...please don't let it be true.

Recorder
Please don't show that photo to anyone. I'm terrible at having my picture taken.
I hope we'll get the opportunity to talk again. You're an interesting person.

The Woodsman
Perhaps there really is such a thing as karma?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anonymous

Updated with background story, relationships and song! That took a while, huh? :D

Anonymous

EDIT: I'm gonna use this space for my Terry pics - the most recent ones are on top.

Terry after Pittsford:

Terry_v2_web.jpg

Terry after Pittsford, HeroForge:
Terry_v2_HF.png

Original HeroForge:

Original Terry concept art:

Terry_smol.jpg

Terry in snow:
Terry_Snow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anonymous

Yeh, her pics are due for an update - should be coming soonish. ;)

Anonymous

Relationships and Bio ("seen") update. I've marked the updates to the relationships in yellow. :)