≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Character So, You Want to be a Journalist?

EnvyDemon

Look upon my edge, ye mighty, and despair!
Staff member
The One Who Knows Tilezed
Senior Admin
Admin
Social Media Manager
Donator++
Donator+
Donator
A lot of people write guides of things they're familiar with, so I thought I might throw my hat into the ring and write a bit about how to play a character of a more, journalistic persuasion.

Why should I read this? I've Covered Wars You Know!

Well, I'm EnvyDemon, and I have about... 6 years of work experience at this point working at different publications since I got out of high school. While I mostly write for print mediums, I do have experience in other mediums as well. Of course, you can disregard anything I write here, but I'd hope to pass on some of my knowledge that I've gleamed from my experience, and from my mentors.

Okay, This sounds interesting. What kind of character should I play?

I can't really tell you that. Of course, I can tell you that how you'll go about this will depend on the lore, or the current state of the lore. Are you a reporter trying to get the news out while society collapses around you and the dead rise? Are you a Disk Jockey who managed to clear out/repair an old radio station? Are you a member of a community which as finally established a sense of normalcy, and feels the need to keep the community informed? Well you're in the right place!

Cool. How is this guide organized?

This guide will be written in four parts. Part 1 will cover ethics and common ground between journalists of all mediums. Part 2 will cover Newspapers and Print Journalism. Part 3 will cover Radio Journalism. And Part 4 will cover Television and Broadcast Journalism.

Parts 1 and 2 will be out soon, Parts 3 and 4 will be out later since I do actually need to do a bit more research on my end for them.

EnvyDemon

Staff member
Senior Admin
Admin
Social Media Manager
Donator++
Donator+
Donator

EnvyDemon

Staff member
Senior Admin
Admin
Social Media Manager
Donator++
Donator+
Donator

EnvyDemon

Staff member
Senior Admin
Admin
Social Media Manager
Donator++
Donator+
Donator

EnvyDemon

Staff member
Senior Admin
Admin
Social Media Manager
Donator++
Donator+
Donator