≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

So This Really Isn't A Joke, Is It?

Pika

Co-Owner | Resident Gerbil
Staff member
Dumbass Lesbian
Application Master
Owner
Admin
Donator++
Donator+
Donator
No, no it's not!
Our actual April Fool's joke was enabling voice chat in the server for the day yesterday. Only a few people got to experience it, but it was as hilarious as we could have expected.
I wanted to make another post to go a little more in-depth on things. We didn't want to make too many posts yesterday for fear that people would think it was a joke. MindGate's Power Fantasy Regime is very, very real, but at least I'm here to keep him in check!

In all seriousness, though, this was a spontaneous decision made yesterday.
Host and Cid are still paying for the server and are staying around as players and Server Contributors (and possibly admins again in the future, if they'd like) while MindGate and I will be handling everything from an administrative and lore standpoint. Not much changes, ultimately! This is practically the same thing that was already being done when we were both Senior Admins.
We've both been playing on New Dawn / Gateway for nearly six years now. We've grown up with it, in a sense, and have in turn watched the server grow with us. Not everything has been great over the years, but somehow it's managed to keep afloat. I think that really goes to show just how dedicated the staff and player base are.

Being long-time players and staff members, we understand that there are issues that have been present within the community for years.
We're aiming to be as transparent with the players as we possibly can be so that there won't be any hostility like there was in the past. That being said, we'll also be tweaking a number of the rules so that there aren't as many loopholes. With trust comes holding people accountable for their actions, and we won't allow ourselves to stand by and let problem players or admins who are actively doing harm remain in the community. We want to be the leaders that Gateway Deserves.

Now, with all of that out of the way... I want to congratulate our new Senior Admin, Exile!
Exile hasn't been a member of the community for very long. Only a few months, actually. But during his time here, he's been an incredible addition to the team. I genuinely feel that he's what the server has needed for a long time. Someone who's always impartial, who isn't afraid to say it like it is, and who won't let things slide. It's an issue the entire staff struggled with, and something we're going to work on improving going forward. He may not be constantly active, but he's always here when we need him most and that's what matters. So thank you, Exile!!

I also wanted to discuss something I mentioned earlier in this post: Server Contributors!
Server Contributors are players who are hand-picked by the staff to assist us with things such as building and offering input on the lore, both present, and future. They have access to a few of the admin lore channels in the Discord, as well as their own Contributor channel where they can discuss things amongst one another. In a sense, Server Contributors are Admins without any of the responsibility of actually being an admin.
Some of you have gotten Server Contributors confused with donators. Server Contributors can also be donators, but the two are entirely different things. You don't have to contribute to the server financially to be a Contributor.
Contributor applications are something we're considering for the future, but the role will continue to be restricted to long-time, trusted players regardless. If you're interested in becoming a Server Contributor, feel free to ask about it and we'll definitely consider it!

And... That's pretty much everything!
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to respond to this thread, Mind's Q&A thread, or DM either of us! Ideally me, though, since Mind is busy with the holidays this weekend and won't be able to get back to you in a timely manner. Thanks for reading!!