≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Ollie - Sarah

Anonymous

Ollie stood on the wall overlooking the south side of Fort Harris. He comes up here often when he needed to think about something. He had a cold root beer in his hand, sipping as he watched various wild life, deer, rabbits, the odd red here and there, meander outside the walls. There was certain kind of peace to be had up here, Ollie's way of getting away from the hustle and bustle of living in a CPF Outpost. In part, it wasn't all that different from the various bases he lived on during his childhood.

The sound of a lighter being opened turned his attention to the figure next to him, leaving over the same railing and taking a drag of their cigarette.

"Looks like I found ya." Nat said "Been looking around for you for a bit."

"Oh." Ollie asked, his full attention now on Nat. He readjusted himself so he was facing them, rather than the area outside the outpost. "What is going on?"

"Well. We're heading back out soon. Place called New Karnada or whatever. Old ship. ICLF are using it as a base." Nat said.

"But you just got back from Canada?"

"Yeah.. I know." Nat took a drag of their cigarette.

Ollie turned and started to get up. "I'll go get go-bag."

Nat proceeded to stop Ollie in his tracks. "No." Nat said. "You're staying here."

"You're not the boss of me Nat. You don't give me..."

Ollie was once again interrupted by Nat "I can't afford you getting hurt. This isn't your fight."

"But it is yours."

"Of course its my fight. Why the fuck wouldn't it be?"

There was an awkward silence for a second, as Nat took a step back from Ollie.

"You think I'm some innocent little sunflower, who can't fucking survive. Well guess what." Ollie began raising his voice. "I've survived out here," Ollie waved his arms in the air, "longer than you. And guess what, I DIDN'T HAVE JACK BAUER FOR A FATHER!"

Nat stood their silently for a few seconds, as Ollie took a few deep breathes to calm down.

"Who is Jack Bauer? Nevermind that. Its not fuckin' like that Ollie." Nat said "Do you know why I don't let you come with me? Do you know why? Because I don't want you to WATCH ME DIE!"

"If I went..." Ollie began to shout, but was interrupted by the sky turning blood red. A gunshot rang out, a bullet went through Nat's head. Their cold body went limp in a few moments, blood staining the walls of 2-15. Everything went white....

-----------------------------------------------------

Ollie abruptly woke up in a cold sweat. He laid there a minute before sitting up, the other half of the bed empty, a half smoked pack of Salem cigarettes on the nightstand in front of a photo of 2-15 standing in front of what looked to be a country club, Nat smiling and leaning against their rifle. Empty bottles littered the floor, as the first rays of sunlight tickled through the blinds.

They truly were gone... weren't they?

How many times would he have this nightmare?

Anonymous

Ollie stood on the wall overlooking the south side of Fort Harris. He comes up here often when he needed to think about something. He had a cold root beer in his hand, sipping as he watched various wild life, deer, rabbits, the odd red here and there, meander outside the walls. There was certain kind of peace to be had up here, Ollie's way of getting away from the hustle and bustle of living in a CPF Outpost. In part, it wasn't all that different from the various bases he lived on during his childhood.

The sound of a lighter being opened turned his attention to the figure next to him, leaving over the same railing and taking a drag of their cigarette.

"Looks like I found ya." Nat said "Been looking around for you for a bit."

"Oh." Ollie asked, his full attention now on Nat. He readjusted himself so he was facing them, rather than the area outside the outpost. "What is going on?"

"Well. We're heading back out soon. Place called New Karnada or whatever. Old ship. ICLF are using it as a base." Nat said.

"But you...." Ollie paused for a second the gravity of the situation hitting him. He's been here before, more than once. "You're dead Nat. You die there."

Nat took a drag of their cigarette. "So?"

"So what Nat? That's it. 'So'. You die. You're dead."

"And you're alive." Nat retorted, "What do you think I cared about dumbass."

There was an awkward silence. Ollie knew in the back of the head that he clearly wasn't speaking to Nat right now, and this was a dream, but in the moment, everything felt so real.

"Killing Carl Miller, Crystal Chen, Francis Hood and the sheer amount of other people on your stupid list of yours."

"And." Nat added, exhaling some smoke. "I cared about you. I didn't want you dragged into my fucking mess."

"A little late for that." Ollie said, calming down looking out into the distance. "this mess is my mess too, at least... until I find out what happened to my brother."

"Who hasn't been seen since the breach was created." Nat added "And he isn't chummy with the ICLF as you hoped."

"No. No he wasn't."

There was another moment of silence.

"Well, maybe you should get off your mopey ass and find him."

Nat put out their cigarette, and everything went white.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ollie awoke once again in his empty bedroom.