≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for Wave 2 of our combat tests are officially open! Players may only apply for File #7: Infiltrator, File #8: Siege, and File #9: Wayward currently, but we will be opening applications for 7-28-78 soon.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter for information about each of the upcoming combat tests.

Not-so-Weekly Update: Redux / Q&A #7 "Day 553"

MindGate

Co-Owner | Lore Goblin
Staff member
Lore Master
Owner
Admin
Donator+
Donator
Announcement: What We Become Survivor Stories: File 6-9 + 7/28/78

... And we're back! Long time no see. It's been a while, I know, but we've got some exciting news to share. Let's jump right into it.

The launch is imminent. It's coming soon.

By the end of this series of one-shots, we'll announce the release date for What Lies Beneath, which is now being dubbed as SEASON 1 of Ties That Bind. The length of said season will remain the same as implied in previous newsletters - a little over a month - and will lead into SEASON 2, City of Angels.

In the meantime, here are our dates for the upcoming series of one-shots. If you have ANY QUESTIONS about these, please ask away here. I'll answer what I can.

File #6 - Dark Sector
This one-shot acts a baseline test, focusing on general features found in most events.

While patrolling a remote region of the Labrador Sea, the crew of the CDS Roderick J. Wynn discovers a distress signal leading them to the remains of Anton Korshunov's flagship, the CSS Terrafaux, thought to be lost since his defeat at the hands of the alliance five years prior. A team is dispatched to investigate the ship, but once on board the maze-like vessel, the recovery team discovers that it is anything but deserted. It is home to something more deadly and horrific than anything they've encountered in all their years at sea.

Launches: June 8th, 2024

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

File #7 - Infiltrator
This one-shot acts a stealth/base infiltration test, focusing on features found in those rulesets.

A small group of survivors are left reeling after witnessing the massacre of their friends and families aboard the New Karanda. Driven by revenge, they volunteer for a high-risk mission offering a chance to turn the tide of the civil war and give them a chance to eliminate the two men responsible for the attack: Ranger General Addison Sobic and OSI Deputy Director Lawrence Orman.

Launches: June 15th, 2024

File #8 - Siege
This one-shot acts a PVP test - NPCs included.

In the final hours of the civil war in Pittsford, the stage is set for one final battle promising a decisive conclusion as units from both the Coalition and ICLF find themselves face-to-face in a final battle within the capital, vying for control of the Nazareth Campus. Only one side can emerge victorious, leaving the question: who will it be?

Launches: June 22nd, 2024

File #9 - Wayward
This one-shot acts a baseline test with a focus on investigation.

After receiving a summon from a revered Monstrophist Digby Sterling and his partners, a team of seasoned hunters descends upon La Rive—a secluded community nestled on the outskirts of Eagle Lake, Maine. The area has been plagued by a troubling string of disappearances.

Launches: June 29th, 2024

7-28-78
The footage you are about to see documents the harrowing events that unfolded in the typically quiet towns of Walker and Dewitt, Kentucky, on the evening of July 28th, 1978.

Watch the full trailer for 7-28-78 above for more information.

Launches: July 6th, 2024 (Date could change due to holidays)

In Closing
Yes. We are back.
Yes. The lore is happening.
If you have any questions, hit me up here or in DMs. I'm happy to answer whatever, I know I said that up above somewhere too.

LAST NEWSLETTER #1
LAST NEWSLETTER #2

Last edited: