≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Liliana Marat

Lil_Bit

the GOAT
Liliana
Biographical Information
AliasLili, Queen Bee and Queen B
Height5'5
WeightPetite
Age26
BirthdayFebruary 11th
StatusAlive
RankHead of Monroe: Commerce
Personal Information
LikesPower, Prosecco, Pink
HatesBad Manners

Liliana Marat
Appearance:

Despite it all, she is beautiful. While others focused on base survival instinct, Liliana worked tirelessly to maintain her beauty. With golden curls, blue eyes, soft features, and makeup to accentuate it all, she stands out in the unkempt crowd of her fellows. She is the one who sleeps in self-made bamboo curlers, who taught herself to brew pastes and medicines to keep her skin clear, to create inks and paints for her eyelashes and lips, and who will be awake before sunrise to heat water and bathe. Though she is routinely mocked for this adherence, she insists that in these inhumane times, it is important to hold onto what makes us human.

Biography:
Liliana Marat was a girl of privilege, the only child of Chicago executive parents who showered her with toys, pets, lessons, vacations, and whatever her young heart desired. With an interest in fashion and design, all plans were for her to attend a wealthy art school and then likely join the cut-throat ranks of the fashion world. She was only a teenager, visiting friends in Miami, when the apocalypse happened. Though she and other families bunkered down in the fences of the upper-crust elite neighborhoods, help never arrived and the government never came back. Fleeing to one of the makeshift survivor communities further up in Florida, steadily losing members of their little survivor group, Lili began to make her way north in the hopes of finding her parents and home.

It took her two years to make the trek, bouncing from camp to camp, community to community, with other northward bound travelers. Most assumed that this spoiled young blond would not make it, but despite many close calls and many cases of outright fleeing for her life or abandoning others to their fates, she made it home. She arrived only to find that the entire town had been razed in a massive fire, the estate destroyed, and no sign of mother or father. And so with nowhere else to go and realizing that life on her own was no fate for a young woman like her, Lili decided to find others who would take care of her.

She drifted about various groups, and began to develop skills that would keep her alive. Not just the sewing and cooking and domestic work she learned, but honing her abilities to integrate, charm, bewilder, and threaten. As to the rest of it? Liliana is mostly vague or tells outright lies about her past, and her stories often change according to who is doing the asking.

Monroe:
Though she arrived as a wanderer, Liliana has instilled herself into the community as an organizer, cheerleader, and instigator. There was a vacancy in power upon her arrival and the ambitious Marat quickly staged a coup on the inn, doling out rations of food, drink, shelter, and even medicines. Finding the lack of organization concerning, she took it upon herself to begin bossing everyone around as if she'd been here all along. It did not take long for others to take notice of her upward spiral, and she was soon decided upon to man Monroe's Agricultural and Preservation of Resources Division. But power plays carry risks, and Liliana slipped away from Monroe with a pack full of its supplies and papers, and was on the lam for many months. Ousted from the town and avoiding an enormous bounty on her head, Liliana all but vanished as she avoided attacks and assassinations. Making brief appearances at the CPF, Pittsford, and other towns, she returned to Monroe after helping Terry Winters ascend as the town's leadership. She now sits as Monroe's Head of Commerce, though there are rumors circulating that she may be making orders and communications that lie far outside her station...

Relationships:
All Of Them:
I never enjoyed it, no. Not really. But my God, did I enjoy what came after.

Don Jones:
Oh, such a deep sigh from such tired lungs. What is to become of you? The purposes I offer are fleeting at best. But I have your pieces for a little while. Join me and we can watch where they fall.

Terry Winters:
Too cautious to stray past the line, too weary to stay. I can't teach a bunny to become a fox, but I can help her protect herself from the foxes. And when we both must face the wolves? Well...

Texas Battle:
You poor little peanut. What did you expect to happen? Of course you didn't mean it, but isn't that just the problem. You don't mean it.

Crystal Chen:
鼠 一 猫 十三

Erick Gonzalez:
All the other dogs are under the table begging for scraps. But there you are on the outside, getting kicked for being in the way. You might growl a little, but they never worry because you don't bite.

Kaari:
Darling, even I don't know what road that is that you're headed down.

Gerald Bechet:
I think I might like you, Gerald darling. How stalwart and true and good you are. I admire that. And underneath it? I admire that as well.

Max Rutherford:
You chew your food and gape your jaws to show it to people, over and over. Eventually, people are just going to look away every time you open that mouth, even if it's filled with blood.

Max Stone:
I saw your zealotry pour out of your throat. It was inevitable. I wouldn't worry too much about it, if I were you. Though, I suppose you can't. Is that not a sort of mercy, I wonder.

Levi Black:
I'm so glad that you understood why I must forget people. How unfortunately certain it is that I will eventually forget you as well.

Arvio Shaikh:
Ah! My sweet, what do you have for me this time?

Last edited: