≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Jack Summers

Anonymous

Jack Summers
Information
Age16
Height5"
Weight 102lbs
Sexual Orientation ASEXUAL
FactionNone
StatusMISSING

~ The Life of Jack! ~

Born not many years before the Red-Eyes event, Jack has grown up in a broken world. No proper education, no safe home, sometimes not even basic necessities like food and water. It was a harsh existence, one that was spent always moving from place to place, just trying to survive. All of the kids that were around his age he would befriend, they'd mean the world to him until they inevitably disappeared from his life.

Jack was never easy to beat down though. Whatever happened he would always find the bright side of life and move towards it. Somehow bringing light into others life at the most difficult points. He couldn't help in being strong, there was little he could do but everything he was capable of he would jump at. This is how he adopted his love of cooking early on. The group he was with had a Chef who taught him everything he wanted to know, and before too long he was warming the camps hearts with his wholesome meals.

Twelve years have passed for Jack. Everyone he'd every known, his parents included were either missing or dead. Alone he wandered up to the base of Monroe, and despite his gut warning him against it - his growling stomach said otherwise. He took a chance and didn't regret it. Meeting a friend his age named Elijah, he quickly felt welcome there. Eventually he became a resident, and being the helpful boy he is started to take on every job he could. Becoming the town's cook and bartender almost over night.

He was brought into the Dekker household by Avery, becoming a part of her family as her treasured Son. He soon began to see her as a Mother and was practically joined to her at the hip during much of his stages of suffering. Many trials and tribulations have been had by the boy since he came to Monroe, and the town he once saw as a haven he now saw as a curse.

Jack has now left Monroe, saying only a few goodbyes to some of those closest before vanishing. After all the traumas and tragedies he left a broken boy and will likely never be the same again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anonymous

Jack's list of friends (and others)

Family
You gave me life, gave me hope, gave me a future. I know you wanted a Daughter but you accepted me as a Son. I will always love you, and I know that you're still out there somewhere.. We will meet again, and on that day I will be a man.
---
You showed me what it's like to be a man. Told me of the stars. Made me dream of tomorrow. Every day I think about what you'd say to me, the advice you'd gently impress upon me. I am who I am because of you an Mom, and I will make you proud I promise.
---
When I arrived at Monroe, you took me under your wing. I was so happy to have someone my age to talk to, someone so funny and cool. You became my best friend and I idolized you. Lately you've become unstable and even though you will always be my Brother, I'm not sure you'll ever earn back my respect.
---
Since my arrival at Monroe, no one has made it their mission more to protect me, to support me, take care of me. You're there for everything, big and small. I know I can always trust to come to you with my problems, you'll make the heavy weight seem lighter. I will never forget all you've done for me and keep doing, which is why I'll be loyal to you for life. You're my Mother, now and always.

Beloved
The nervous little bee. You're one of my closest friends who always does her best for me to be a shoulder to lean on. Not literally since you have a bit of a touch phobia, or maybe it's just me. Still you've always made me feel safe and heard. I fought to keep you in Monroe and I'm glad I did, you fit in around here. You'll always be special to me.
---
You started as this gruff CPF Ranger that kept her cards close to her chest. Now you're one of the people I respect and admire most. You always seem to know how to stay calm in tough situations, make the right call despite difficult circumstances. You're a hero of the day, a rock for support, an ear to listen, a voice to guide and much more. My praise for you will never end - so.. Sorry about that. <3
---
People don't get you, heck even I only comprehend so much. But my heart knows the truth, and I've seen enough of your actions to know you're a pure altruist. A good person with a golden heart, even if you don't show it through expression. I know you care for me too even if it's not said in so many words, I can see it enough through what you've done for me. The trust you've showed. I'll always care for you.
---
You're such a bright person. And I don't just mean your blue hair. To many you're just that quirky travelling trader, but to me you're a beautiful soul. You have such a pure heart, even if you carefully try to hide it. I know life has been unkind to you of late, but I promise you'll always find a shoulder to lean on in me. Your kindness shall not be forgotten and I will always have a spot for you in my heart.
---
My adorable little friend. The only person in Monroe that I think is perhaps more vulnerable than me, though I try not to note it. I feel a particular bond to you and even though we've only been friends a short time I care about you a great deal already. This must be how people feel towards me, wanting to protect something delicate so this harsh world doesn't destroy it. Please keep yourself safe.
---
I found you out on the road the last time I dared to venture out by myself. You were so terrified, I'm glad I managed to bring you back to safe walls. Like me you haven't left much since, but you have been a great help. Little miss neat freak keeping the place clean, I do appreciate it, as well as your gifts and kind words. You're one of my closest friends, please keep take good care of yourself.
---
It's fair to say I have a lot of women influencing my life. It's good to have a straightforward guy like you I can look up to. You probably don't feel much like a role model, but for me you've always given sound advice. Helped me feel calm and safe, listened to me vent and made me laugh until I nearly wet myself. I hope you'll take a more active role around Monroe now that your booby club has gone under.
---
We found you being clutched by your dead Mother in a bath tub. I have no idea how a new-born could survive out here, but you're a fighter just like you Mom I'm sure. We'll always do our best to protect you, you little munchkin.

Friends
I have nothing but regrets about what happened to you. All I wanted to do was protect Monroe, but how you've been treated is just disgusting. I understand if you'll never forgive me, I just hope one day you'll find peace.. Probably far from this place.
---
You're one of the few guys I can always trust to come to. You definitely have been a constant, active presence in the community. Helping keep everyone fed as well as dealing with issues as they crop up. You're usually too busy to get personal, or maybe it's not your thing. But I think if we were to get to hanging out more one on one we'd develop an even stronger bond.
---
You're my Teacher and that statement alone just means so much to me. To be able to take part in an education programme run by such a delightful, friendly woman. It is a blessing in such a dark world. You took Winter into your home and treated her as your own child. All your research probably saved her life, which makes you a hero too.
---
Things definitely haven't been going great for you of late. First you got bit. Then you got shot. When you return to the bar eventually you probably won't be any happier either. I will keep trying my best to revive it from it's poor state.
---
Your story broke my heart and it was only a small portion of it. I don't know you all that well at all, but I think you're probably a good person underneath all the pain.
---
The Sheriff of our community. You're a strong presence, firm and fair. A very busy woman sadly, but the few times we've had the chance to speak you've carefully listened to me and treated my words by their merit. I hope you continue to be an active member of the leadership, because I think in these dark times Monroe needs you all the more.
---
A very tall man. A gentle giant as I describe him. It'll be difficult for you to meet a kinder soul, even if some find him intimidating. He doesn't care for killing, he is as peaceful as they come. But he will defend others, because is heart is in the right place. He's been nothing but pleasant and polite to me, helping me deal with fears and concerns. I hope you're taking good care of yourself, I know you'll stay strong.
---
You come off very rude and abrasive, often flying in like a storm. But once I got to know you I realized you're actually quite sweet and caring. A loyal friend. It's much better to be in the glow of your light, then being burned by your flames. I'll try to stay on your good side.
---
Mr. Fix it! You have a great attitude towards helping out. Determined to make a difference. Since you joined construction I sadly haven't seen you as much, but I hope you're doing okay. And I also hope you found your car!
---
Is it Job or Jobe? I can never quite pronounce that right. I never knew you since before you took over after Julian's death. I can't say for certain how I feel about the job you're doing at leading this place, but I know that it's difficult and I'm not sure I'd do better. You seem like a fair guy though, listening to the concerns of his people. Don't let the stress of all this get to you.
---
You brought my Brother back to us after he fled in fear. You're similar to Jules in that you keep your cards close to your chest. I later found out that you two had a history together.. A history that had a lot of pain in it. You taught me a lot of interesting things about CPF and I have been practising exercise according to your instructions. I'll never be as jacked as you though! I hope you're safe..
---
You seem like a nice guy. We haven't had a chance to chat much beyond trade. All I really know about you is that you're a hunter and that you can handle yourself pretty well. The game you've brought to our community has been delicious!
---
When I first saw you out in the streets that dark night, I honestly thought a shambler was coming for me. But after the realization of my mistake, we chatted and you even gave me a proposal. Offering to sell booze to us at a good price. Though my interactions with you have been brief, you've been very polite and kind. I hope you're well.
---
We only really got to chat briefly in the bar. I sold you some food and drink. But you seemed oddly determined to protect me from dangers and it amused me, it's kind of sweet.
---
I don't know much about you beyond that you're a trader who is pretty freaking good in a fight. You've helped Monroe and asked nothing in return, so for that I'm grateful. Plus you seem to be quite well situated and generous with your cash. Come spend some more of it at the bar - I'll try get more wine!
---
It took me forever to remember your name, but I've got it committed to memory now. You seem like a nice guy. Took a spill a while back and have been recovering ever since. Since you're CPF you tend to get a lot of undeserved scorn around here. I hope you don't get swept up in all this mess.
---
The guy in the suit. You gave me the impression that you probably didn't have much of a skillset. I wasn't sure how you'd contribute around here, and then heck.. You became one of the most dedicated guards we have. You've been in the thick of it during some of the traumatic events. Good on you for staying strong. I owe you a beer or two.
---
Great deals! Nothing quite like a fair trader who gives you quality merchandise. One of the few traders I will trust to buy preserves from and know they'll last.
---
You're a good guy. We haven't had much chance to speak but all our interactions have been pleasant. You seem like you really want to be a part of this place. I hope you'll get residency like so many others.
---
The 'Bro' guy. You can rub people the wrong way but you've made me laugh quite a lot. I won't forget how you've helped me in difficult times. Managing to change my mind despite my emotions running amuck. I get the feeling your lively attitude, running around bumping into folk haphazardly.. It will get you hurt. Try to be more careful bro.
---
You seem really cool and interesting. Coming from a place that seems so magically far away. You've been nothing but kind to me, polite and friendly. Made me laugh, lifted my spirts, even offered free post cards for my wall! I hope you'll stick around longer because I feel I made a friend, but I understand if you can't stay.
---
HELLO. GOODBYE. Your tattoos express a part of your soul I'd say, and your greeting is amusingly unique. I took a liking to you right away due to your polite and friendly nature. With your experience in farming, I get the feeling that we will be able to accomplish many great things together in the future. Creating juices, jams and all kinds of great things. Seems like you need a hug sometimes.
---
Some people call you the 'Goat Lady'. I think that's quite rude, even if you are a goat herder. You have a name though and are a person like the rest of us, people should treat you as such. I'm glad our interactions have been so pleasant, and I'll always be eternally grateful for how you helped my friend when she had been beaten nearly to death. You are a good person, please be safe in these hard times.

Acquaintances
I have seen you around quite a lot, but not had the chance to talk. I've seen you assisting in certain dramatic events, so I gather that you're a good dude.
---
Jeremy... No one in our community has belittled my contributions as much as you. You have a way of treating me like I'm just a dumb kid. I've also seen you treat people I care about unfairly. I just have very little good to say about you.. I will try to give you another shot though - provided you're not an asshole.
---
Ask for water and I shall provide. But try coerce me into giving you free booze and then trying to guilt me when it doesn't work, all you'll do is make yourself look a twat. You're rude, crude and can't seem to get out a single sentence without swearing. I have very little good to say about you, but Costi seems to like you at least.

DECEASED!
You welcomed me into your community, let me be a part. Gave me a nice role so I could feel useful. I had so much I wanted to say to you, so much to discuss. But you were always so busy and now.. You're dead.. I hope you find peace. I know you deserved better.
---
I can't believe it.. I can't believe I never even got to speak a single word to you. The first time I approached you a guy shoved a shotgun in our faces, and the introduction was cancelled. I never got a second chance.. You're gone and I never even got to know you, that kills me. I just hope you're at peace.
---
I didn't really get a chance to speak to you, you died in the tragic event that took many. That was one messed up night.
---
Seeing your head caved in like that will stick with me for the rest of my life. It scarred me.. One minute you were this hopeful, compassionate, determined woman. The next you were waving a gun to try and rescue your friend. Then another moment after just... I really am sad that I didn't get to know you, but I hope you're at peace now.
---
We never met, but I wear your old bag on my back. I'll never forget that it was originally yours, just like I won't forget it will likely be passed onto someone else when I pass. I made sure your final request was met. Brownie will be taken care of, I promise.
---
You seemed like a nice man. But then you tortured Nat and seemed to slowly go insane after that. You passed out one night, and when we carried you to the Clinic you snapped. Pointing a gun at me and my Mother.. I don't know if I can ever forgive you for that, but I know she will always care for you.. I hope you rest in peace.
---
I welcome you into our community. Gave you the tour. Gave you a meal. You were so friendly, so polite and cheerful. Determined to help out, to be a part of this place. You helped me rebuild Omnia's home and were a good listener to my problems. I think in time we'd have become much closer, but life can take things from us faster than we expect. I'm sorry I wasn't there for your final moments. Please rest peacefully.

Anonymous

Some doodles by me and my GF of my favourite bean.

Hope you guys enjoyed RPing with Jack as much as I enjoyed RPing with you.

"I will always have a full heart and a filling meal for the ones I love." - Jack

Jack.gif
20200817_013614.jpg
20200816_211202.jpg
20200808_125542.jpg
IMG_20200817_011337_218.jpg
20200817_013019.jpg

Anonymous

Just going to leave a DISCLAIMER here. Jack is asexual and an innocent bean. If your character flirts with him, his Mother will poison them.

- Will try update my relationships eventually >.<

Anonymous

Okay finally did a big relationship update. If your character was missed out, I'm sorry >.<

- After a classic MindGate special the relationships are turned on their heads a bit. But it's too exhausting to keep up with so it won't be updated for a while <3

Anonymous

Jack has now left Monroe County and won't be back again this Lore. He left with his Mother Avery, his dog Cheyenne and his hero Jules in an urn, heading for greener pastures. I hope you guys enjoyed RPing with him as much as I enjoyed RPing with y'all. Maybe he'll be seen again one day! .. Maybe. <3

Jack 3.png