≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Hydrocraft Support Group

harperers

Show some fucking respect
First to Die
Server Contributor
Donator+
Hello and welcome to Hydrocrafter's Anonymous. Whether court-mandated, or by choice, all of you are here today to seek help for your addiction.

Ever since undeniables.io crashed, we have all been left with a void in our hearts that can only be filled by long crafting chains and foraging for several hours in real time.

Considering this next lore will be 12 years in, we should all be prepared for the hydrocraft hermit lifestyle.

and thus, here is a link to hydrocrafts recipes and item properties (in script form)

If you have any other questions that require intimate knowledge of hydrocraft systems, feel free to ask here. Feel free to also answer other's questions if you happen to know them.

Here are some common ones

How bees?
Come back with level 10 foraging, scrub.

Why do i keep getting burned on the forge?
Treat it as free medical XP. The only way to prevent it is by wearing armor that prevents burns, which requires another long crafting tree.

How can i break into a safe?
You need to be the burglar profession, have 3 mechanics and the required items, and then you randomly have a chance of being able to break open the safe depending on only your sneak level.

I want infinite inventory space
Find a tailoring book, a couple school backpacks and scissors, then craft 3 large alice packs.

How the hell does vanilla metalworking work?
Spend a weekend disassembling every metal furniture in the nearby area, then dupe the ever loving crap out of it. Metalworking actually is not implemented correctly yet and log walls are actually just stronger than metal walls, so just don't do it and give up.

I can't figure out how to craft this thing even after looking in all the scripts!
Some items require odd methods of crafting, such as cooking, or can only be found as a byproduct of recipes with a slight chance, and not as the actual result. Ask about the specifics below.

I want to min-max the character creator. Help?
That has nothing to do with hydrocraft, but take short-sighted and hard of hearing, since they can both be cured by hydrocraft. Then take slow healer, because it solves itself by giving you free medical xp, and doesn't affect pain, the only bad thing about injuries. Always take weak stomach and prone to illness, since they both rarely ever come up in actual gameplay and will always be a gamble regardless of what traits you take.

Jaded

Server Contributor
i cant wait for this shitty mod to just die already.

harperers

First to Die
Server Contributor
Donator+
i cant wait for this shitty mod to just die already.
And then we can all have fun playing our scavenging simulator with absolutely no depth, entirely useless crafting skills, AND NO POST IT NOTES.

Tucker

Agent of the Geese Federation
Y’all hating on hydrocraft? Fine. Then don’t pick up Hydrocraft items. . . That’s what I thought. Ya’ll wanna have your big fuck off greatswords while petting your doggies and harvesting your apple trees, all without the stigma of liking the mod. That’s right, we all know your dirty little vices.

kiss kiss

- your local hydrocraft addict

Pixie

Queen of the Bored
Donator+
Forum Banned
there are like a dozen things i use from HC that i would want to keep and none of them involve skill trees

the Jon Walsh Poultry Farm of The Road Ahead was a one off and i hated every second of it

harperers

First to Die
Server Contributor
Donator+
Undeniables is back up, but i'll still leave this here for any more advanced hydrocraft questions

Pixie

Queen of the Bored
Donator+
Forum Banned
it's doable. if you knew lua well enough you could just snip what you want out of HC, or you could create an "admin key" type item and add it to recipes you don't want players to be able to access without staff permission. it was something i wanted to work on ages ago but it would be a very, very tedious job.

Pixie

Queen of the Bored
Donator+
Forum Banned
even just discussing all the things i don't like about HC is a tedious job because the mod is such a gigantic ridiculous fuck off mess lmao. what i like are animals, backpacks, anti-boredom books and armor. probably various other individual items i can't remember rn.

harperers

First to Die
Server Contributor
Donator+
crafting chains, excess foraging, and too many skill trees is stupid
i can agree with foraging being pretty ******ed, but thats not really hydrocraft's fault, it's only working with what PZ gave them. As for crafting chains and skill trees, isn't that the whole point? Would you rather make it simple to become completely self-sufficient or make strong items? and right now, all survival and crafting skills are pretty much completely useless at high levels, and atleast hydro fills in the empty void that is scavenging simulator 2013.

One thing i also don't like about hydrocraft is the stupid number of books, but i can't think of a better way to teach people recipes using pzs systems.

If we don't know what is wrong then we can't fix it.

Tucker

Agent of the Geese Federation
Once upon a time I attempted to make a rebalanced version of hydrocraft. However I only ever got through rebalancing the food (Cause a chocolate bar shouldn’t be -40 hunger) before my will to live ran out.