≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Hank Pine

Anonymous

Hank J. Pine

Overview:

Hank is an American soldier, a Texas Ranger, and the unofficial leader of a group of survivors residing in an abandoned National Guard quarantine zone.

He is a cynical, lonely man but one with a firm sense of duty and honor. He makes a conscious effort to contain his cynicism, forcing himself to approach the world with an optimistic perspective. Loyal, determined, and quick-thinking, Hank has found the others in his group consistently looking to him to keep them safe - a responsibility he takes very seriously.

Relationships:

Amelia Bennett: She seems to be carrying a lot of baggage with her. I hope it doesn't end up weighing us all down. Something about her just doesn't seem quite right, but that said she's proven herself a capable ally and I don't think we'd be as far as we are without her help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still have the nagging sense she's a ticking time bomb, but she hasn't let me down yet and it's quite useful having another trained gun with us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more time goes on, the more I'm starting to think of her as my partner. Don't get me wrong, she could use a sense of humor and I'm surprised her head fits through doorways, but despite all that it's nice to know that whenever I need her, there she is having my back.

I had my initial instinct about her, but I also needed somebody to have my back and she seemed willing and capable. Still, I never got rid of that nagging suspicion that there was something not quite right with her. Her actions were extremely cold, callous, and self centered. She put us all in danger, and instead of using that as a wake-up call to better herself she has begun to act horribly towards people. A part of me is relieved she finally revealed her true colors, it's always nice to have evidence to back up instinct, and at least I got confirmation before she got somebody killed. I'm still going to try to help her, she has helped us and people ain't all good or bad, but I don't trust her for a second. All the same, I hope she can change for the better.

Chris Dane: He seems a good man stuck in a bad situation. I'm happy he's with us.

I'm grateful for what he did for me. I hope he realizes there's more ways to contribute than bashing in heads, because he does just as much as anyone to keep us going.

I get the feeling he'd jump off a cliff if I asked him to. While I appreciate his faith in me, it's a lot to live up to. I hope I don't let him 'n the others down.

I see him trying to adjust to the world that we're in. I wish he didn't have to, but I see the sense in him trying so I help him get there. I just hope he doesn't end up pushing himself too hard.

Jackson Marsh: He's got a good heart, I just hope his bravado doesn't get us all fucking killed. Had a few kids like him back in my platoon ended up making fine soldiers. Think he could be the same, if he pulls his head out his ass...

...Damn shame kids who ain't asking for it have to be soldiers at all.

We had a good talk... I hope it sticks. I really do like the kid. I might've been dismissive, but it meant a lot what he said to me. He's the only one whose said it.

I hope he can change the way he sees the world, how he sees himself in it. He's always on the defensive. Thing is, in this world, I can't help but be skeptical they'll be much room for that kind of self-actualization. But who knows, I've seen stranger things happen.

I understand he's really shaken up. And I also understand that a lot of his reservations about Amelia are legitimate. However, blaming her for freezing up in combat ain't one of those. It's just something that happens to some people. I know first hand what a near-death experience can do to a man, so I'm trying not to push him too hard - but I do hope he pulls out of his funk ASAP. We need him with us, not simply living in the same place.

Joseph Thompson: I'm real sorry for what we brought to his door. I hope getting him out of there safely makes up for it. Kid stepped up... I'm gonna keep trying to do right by him.

Can't say I blame him, not wanting to leave his tent. Quite a change of scenery for a day. I know he's struggling, feeling like he's not contributing. I just hope it sinks it that he already saved all our lives. Kid has nothing to prove.

I don't think the kid has left his tent in two weeks. Near as I can tell, he ain't eating and he won't talk to me. I'm a bit worried he's gonna off himself, but he ain't letting me in to help.

Timofei Sokolov : Haven't got a good read on him yet, but I'm more than happy to have his expertise in our walls. Been quite helpful.

Angelina McKinnon: She's quite quiet, can't say I've seen enough of her to form a real opinion. But I'm happy we could provide her with a safe place to stay and I appreciated her help cleaning it up.

She likes to act all innocent, but at the end of the day she was riling Jack up as much as he was proddin' her. At least Jack was upfront about it. She's young and stuck in all this mess, I ain't judging her harshly for it, but I do see right through her act.

William Roose: I'm real happy we could help him of that situation and get him back and reconnected with his pup. Guy seems like he'll make a good addition to the team.

The Quarantine: I didn't say it to the others so directly, was trying to keep hope alive, but I honestly expected to find it totally overrun. Seeing it just abandoned altogether wasn't quite the relief we might've been praying for, but it provided us with a relatively isolated and walled off place to call home. A few modifications and a little bit of work, we'll have ourselves a wonderful place to ride this out together, wait for help. I'm grateful to have found it and to have such good people with me to keep it secure.

Ralker: If he and his friends need a place to stay, they're welcome here just like anybody else - so long as they treat folks with respect and do their share of the work. But if he thinks we're leaving just because an asshole in a truck said so and he wants to try to take our home away? Well, it's his funeral.

Anna Moss: I don't know if she's just struggling right now or if she's just generally not a friendly person, but I reckon I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Personal feelings about lawyers aside, she's gotta be a bright cookie to have gone through so much school. I'm sure we'll have use for that kind of analytical mind. Still, something about her just seems off.

Mitchell Moss: I don't appreciate him bringing drugs into my camp, but I figure it's not worth the hassle to do anything about it. I hope he steps up to the world he's finding himself in. Seems pleasant enough, anyways.

Danielle Stenton: I'm glad we could provide her with a safe place. Kid her age going through all this? I can only imagine how rough it's been. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for her.

Marlene Wright: Her 'n Jack are quite the pair. Both seem to get a kick outta acting like assholes. Despite how she chooses to present herself, I think she's a nice enough young woman and I'm happy to have her with us. I just hope she and Jack don't rile each other up too much.

She seems to be able to keep her head on straight and she's proving herself a valuable addition to our little team here.

George Poplawski: Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. All the same, he's done right by us. Really helped us out with that gear, and the information about the world beyond was useful. Despite my gut feelings, I reckon I ought to show him respect for the good he's done for our group.

Emma Reid: I'm very sorry for your loss. If there's anything else we can do to help you out, don't hesitate to ask.

Shaun Reid: I wish there was more we could have done for you. I see a sick man, my instinct is to help - not put him down like a dog. I know there wasn't nothing else to do, but the whole situation just makes me sick to my stomach. Rest easy.

Last edited by a moderator: