≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Francis King

Anonymous

Francis King
Biographical Information
GenderMale
AgeLate 30s
RaceAfrican-American
OccupationCoalition Ranger
FactionC.P.F.
Body Type
Hair ColorGreying Black
Eye ColorDark Brown
Body TypeAverage
Height5'9''
Weight168

THEME

PERSONALITY
Francis is a man of action. After spending three years with 2-15 he has become intimately familiar with the people that make up the unit and is otherwise comfortable with most if not all inside of it. King is the co-leader of Unit 2-15, and by extension Fort Harris, after the events of the Fort Harris attack in '31. Francis has grown from someone disinterested in the world's state of affairs to someone in the midst of untying the gordian knot that is Monroe County- and the world's- issues.

APPEARANCE
Francis stands at 5'9'' and weighs about 160 pounds, appearing average for his frame. He looks weathered, the man's hair unruly and his stubble uneven. King rarely wears his uniform, opting to wear form fitted street clothes with former Coalition armor hidden underneath. Tattoos mark his body, none having any discernible meaning or ties to any relevant faction. Acid burns line the bases of his legs, his entire left shoulder is heavily bandaged, his left arm is in a sling, his chest has compact purple bruising. If one were to see his forearms, they're lined with scars of varying sizes dotting from his hands to his biceps.

NOTICE
These relationships may be inaccurate in order to prevent metagaming.
FACTION RELATIONSHIPS
Monroe
"The only chance we have is as a united front."
Francis has a tenuous alliance with Monroe.
Saratoga Springs
"The last thing between the Millers and Monroe County."
Francis helped in the defense of Saratoga Springs against The Meat King's forces.
The Coalition of Pittsford and Fairpoint
"On their back foot now, things are coming to a head.."
Francis is a known and wanted terrorist by the CPF.
The Inter-Coalition Liberation Force
"Maybe there's a chance for some good to come out of all this when it's said and done."
Francis is a leader and supporter of the ICLF movement.
The Crows
"Might be the only people who've seen this coming the entire time."
Francis and his unit are known allies with the Crows.
The Millers
"Maybe it was a pyrrhic victory, but the cost of a loss was far greater."
Francis's unit is in an open conflict against the Millers.
Brighton
"Been silent, suspiciously so."
Francis has knowledge on Brighton.
Group Six
"Who are you?"
Francis's only knowledge on Group Six is their existence.
PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Sylvester Shaw
"Think about you from time to time."
Sylvester Shaw is an old friend to Francis from before the apocalypse.
Hudson Jones
"Had the best heart out of all of us."
Hudson Jones is an old friend to Francis from before the apocalypse.
Darius Jefferson
"Don't think I'd be here without you."
Darius Jefferson is an old friend to Francis from before the apocalypse.
Marco Alferez
"Dunno if we would've made it without you... Sorry it came down to that."
Marco Alferez was a Junior Ranger in Outpost 2-15. He lost his life while distracting the Ogre giving time for everyone else to escape.
Aklaq Scott
"I know we made the right call, stills stings though."
Aklaq Scott was a Junior Ranger alongside Francis. He died during a raid on a slums apartment complex.
Dwayne Clancy
"I stood up for you, then you went and screwed us. Can't say I'll miss you."
Dwayne Clancy was a Ranger in the Coalition. He went missing during the expedition into Epsilon Station and is presumed deceased.
Piper Holland
"Didn't think we'd all make it out, didn't know how gruesome someone could die though."
Piper Holland was a rookie Peacekeeper under Marcus Baczek's command. She was killed by Hypnos in the final battle in Epsilon Station.
Richard Parker
". . ."
Richard Parker was an employee of KTE. He was interrogated by Francis, Max, and Dwayne and revealed Brighton's hand in the civil war
Nat Brackenridge
"Maybe I should've let you come with me, might've found a way to die either way."
Nat Brackenridge was a Ranger in the Coalition. They died in the raid on New Karanda in '31.
Ethan Vance
"You were nothing but someone who thought they were more important than they were in the end Vance."
Ethan Vance was a Senior Ranger in the Coalition who perpetrated an attack on Fort Harris. He was devoured by the Leechmother in a mission led by Francis in the LOOP.
Jim Jackson
"You're safe where you are, so stay there Jim."
Jim Jackson is a resident of Pittsford and a close friend to Francis.
Larue Monroe
"You survived, luckily."
Larue Monroe is former leader of the Coalition Rangers. He was nearly killed by OSI during Francis's infiltration of the RFO.
Jack Bevis
"Hope you can see reason when it comes down to it, for her sake."
Jack Bevis is acting leader of the Coalition Rangers. He attempted to enlist 2-15 in a series of high profile assassination missions.
Dwight Kilean
"Where are you Kilean?."
Dwight Kilean was the chief quartermaster in the Coalition Rangers and is currently missing.
Max Rutherford
"You need to get yourself straight, or we're all going to pay for it."
Max Rutherford was a Senior Ranger in the Coalition and is a leader of 2-15 and Fort Harris with Francis. Francis alongside Nat Brackenridge had to amputate most of Max's arm after a bite.
Truman Parker
"We'll find you Truman, that much I promise."
Truman Parker was a Senior Ranger in the Coalition. His unit defected to the ICLF with 2-15.
Duke Helmer
"You're out there causing hell somewhere."
Duke Helmer was a Ranger in the Coalition and is apart of Truman Parker's unit.
Charles Blackwell
"Stay strong Blackwell, we'll be there before long."
Charles Blackwell was a Ranger in the Coalition and is apart of Truman Parker's unit. He talked Francis down after his attempted escape from the RFO.
Demi McIntosh
"Don't know if we've truly talked since what happened down there."
Demi McIntosh was a Coalition Ranger alongside Francis. Francis saved her from the mines during the S&R mission in Canada.
Wendy Kang
"Hope your recovery is going well."
Wendy Kang was a Ranger in the Coalition. She was there when Noelle's arm had to be amputated.
Hana Takeuchi
"Thanks for patching us all up."
Hana Takeuchi is a Ranger in the CPF. She attended the run to Pittsford.
Greg Foster
"Good with technology, bad with everything else."
Greg Foster was a Junior Ranger with Francis. He was there when Noelle's arm had to be amputated.
Winton
"You'll bounce back Winton, you always do."
Winton was a Coalition Ranger at Outpost 2-15 alongside Francis King.
Rachel Belvis
"I don't pray anymore Rachel, but seeing what's happened to you makes me wonder if I should."
Rachel Belvis is 2-15 Second in Command and a former Coalition Ranger alongside Francis King. She was put into a coma after the assault on Fort Harris by the Coalition.
Marcus Baczek
"Well done out there."
Marcus Baczek is a Peacekeeper from Monroe. Baczek was sent as squad leader to Canada with 2-15 and a group of his own men.
Missy
"Never thought I'd say this, but we needed you out there Missy."
Missy is a Monroevian Peacekeeper. Francis found her in a crate at the CBZ.
Seth Denton
"Good job on the defense Denton."
Seth Denton is a refugee group leader at Outpost 2-15.
Dr. Matt
"Need you more than ever."
Mansukh Ramachandran is the resident doctor of Outpost 2-15 and is a member of Seth Denton's group.
Priest Barton
"Long time ago you talked about leaving to help tribes in the Adirondack's, thought about going with you once upon a time. I still think about that sometimes."
Gabriel Barton is a refugee group leader at Outpost 2-15.
Casey
"I'm sorry Casey, but the work comes first. It has to come first."
Casey is a Barbie Doll that resides in Fort Harris.
Catherine Bowen
"I wonder what Monroe's done with you."
Catherine Bowen was a scientist at Epsilon Station. 2-15 and Monroe Peacekeepers caught up with and Baczek restrained her while exploring the facility.

Last edited by a moderator: