≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Elijah "Eli" Hunt

Anonymous

ELIJAH HUNT
BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
Alias:Eli
Hair:Dark Brown
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Height:5'11"
Weight:140lbs
Blood Type:O+
Ethnicity:Caucasian
PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hometown:East Port, Maryland
Nationality:American
Sexuality:N/A
Religion:N/A
Date of Birth:August 9th, 2012

STORY INFORMATION
Current Status: Elijah has been missing for some time now.
Affiliation: Elijah has affiliations with the CPF as well as Monroe.
Relationship Status: N/A
First Appearance:S1E1
Last Appearance:N/A
OTHER INFORMATION
Alignment:Lawful Good
THEME

"You got time for a sinner?"

The Journal There is a thick leather journal with a gold twist clasp sitting on a desk under the glow of a candle. The book seems to have seen better days. When opened, the first page reads "Property of Elijah Ryan Hunt. If you're reading this, keep going. I must be dead." Inside are multiple entries spanning over a long period of time. There are several sketches throughout the book that are of incredibly high quality - buildings, faces, weapons, animals. Above all else, it seems as if someone has put a lot of effort into it.
September Entries
I ran. You needed me and I ran. You always told me that I needed to be stronger, but I wasn't. You always told me that one day time would run out, but I didn't believe you. You always told me that our sins would catch up with us, but I thought we were always one step ahead. I'm sorry that I lived so blindly. So recklessly. So ignorantly. My mistakes cost us everything. I'll find more time. Even if that means finding the people who stole it from us in the first place. There is a drawing of a cabin surrounded by wood walls burning. Fire is pouring from the windows and there are three shaded figures standing in front of it.
I met a man today and he asked me if I was afraid of the dead. At the time, I didn't know how to answer. I just shrugged my shoulders and spent the rest of our meeting listening to him tell me the stories he'd heard in his travels. He could have killed me, but I think he was just relieved to have a friend for the night. To answer his question? No. I haven't been afraid of the dead for a long time. Once you know how to kill them, they're nothing more than walking bags of flesh. Dad taught me that. I'm more afraid of the ones still alive. People are complicated and unpredictable. They have feelings and hurt. An aching heart is the most dangerous weapon this world has left to offer.
One month gone and thing's haven't gotten easier. It's childish to believe that they might. Living behind the walls of the cabin sheltered me from the harsh reality of the world outside the walls. It leaves me wondering why Dad was so hellbent on keeping us alive. What was the point? This world is a shell of what he claimed it used to be and even that world didn't seem much better than the one we inhabit now. Keeping track of the days as they pass by only reminds me that I failed to buy us more time. The only reason I've continued is to keep a piece of my Mom close to me. She never failed to record the date, not once in twelve years. I suppose it's the least I could do.
Relationship Update
The relationships with John Hunt, Amanda Hunt, and the "Old Man" have increased. (+)
October Entries
The old man showed up again today. He warned me that there was a ghost coming for me. He seemed afraid but wouldn't tell me much else. He gave me a machete and told me to protect myself from those that creep in the shadows. Food is running low, but I've kept my father's horse fed. As long as he is in good health, I'm sure I'll make it. There is a portrait of the old man on the opposite page. He has short hair and looks to be in his late 60's. He's wearing a plaid sweater and has a scarf wrapped around his neck. The expression on his face can only be described as somber.
I found the ghosts. There is dried blood on this page.
Relationship Update
The relationship with the "Ghosts" has significantly decreased. (-) The relationship with the "Old Man" has increased. (+)
Novemeber Entries
They left me for dead. I'll never forget their faces. The Ghosts. If it weren't for Jeremy, I'd have starved to death or the infection from my leg would have taken me. I don't know why he didn't keep walking. I don't know why he brought me back to his people. I don't know why they let me stay. But, I'm grateful. For Jeremy. For Julian. For Charles. For Marian. For Avery. For Monroe. There is a detailed drawing of three faces varying in age of the page. Three males who all look as if they've seen better days. Under the photo, "The Ghosts" is written.
I started living with that woman Avery that Jeremy pushed me off on. She's nice enough and seems to genuinely care about my well being. She lets me sleep on her couch in her living room. It isn't much but it works. Her friend Connie says that when my leg is healed I can come help him in his bar. That's where adults go to get drunk. It's the least I can do to show my appreciation for what they did for me. There is a drawing of the Monroe gates with two shadowed guards at the bottom of the page as well as a sketch of Avery Dekker tending to her crops in the backyard of her home..
There's someone my age here now. His name is Jack. I'm not sure where he came from but it's nice to have someone so close in age to hang out with. He reminds me a lot of myself. At least, the better parts of me. I think he and I will get along great. There is a sketch of Jack Summers smiling.
Relationship Update
The relationships with Jeremy Sykes, Avery Dekker, Jack Summers, and Conrad Miller have significantly increased.(+) The relationships with Julian Carmichael-Ortiz, Charles Gideon, and Marian Castle have increased. (+) Elijah's loyalty to the Coalition has decreased. (-) Elijah's loyalty to Monroe has significantly increased. (+)
December Entries
I haven't written much since I got to Monroe. Avery, Jack and Connie seem to keep me busy enough. My leg is healed as best as it'll get. At least, that's what the Doctor said. I found a quiet place near the walls, and it seems like the new girl found it too. Her name is Juniper and I think she's the same age as Jack and I. It's almost laughable how different the two of us are. She's skittish and shy on one hand, but bold and outgoing on the other. I don't think I've ever come across someone like that before. In any case, she's beautiful. There is a side profile of Juniper draw that looks as if it was given more time than some of the others.
How quickly things can change doesn't surprise me anymore. In the last three days alone, things have gone from alright to bad to worse. I'm not really even sure where to start. We could start with the CPF finding me in Monroe, and me begging them to keep it a secret. Or maybe it was how hard it seems to be to talk to girls or how easy it is to hold them when they've had a long day. I'd give anything to be back on that couch. I could write about the man who disarmed Charlotte or the crucified body in the church down the road. The horde that the gunshots drew to the front gates where I caught the backswing of Mr. Junker's ax and injured my hand. Or even talk about my day today? The hordes that linger just outside and the screaming infant I found being held by the corpse of her mother. Jack called me brave. I disagree. I've just learned the harsh lessons before he had to, and I prefer that it stayed that way. There is a sketch of an infant being held against the chest of what looks to be like a deceased woman in a bathtub. The image is incredibly graphic.
I came back to Monroe but I met a man on the road. He was lost. Not lost in the sense that he didn't know where he was going. But, lost in his heart. His brain. His soul. I've never seen someone's eyes look as empty as his. Like, the world has lost all of its meaning and all he was left to do was survive. It was clear that whatever he'd been running from? He outran a long time ago. Avery took him somewhere after I got back. In any case, I hope he's settling in alright. Apart from him, I'm trying to settle back in and forget how angry I was at Jack earlier. I shouldn't have hit him. I'm just afraid that the world may hit harder than me and he won't be able to fight back. It's not a good excuse but maybe it'll help him in the long run. I'm trying to forget the conversation I had with Marian and Avery. I'm trying to forget Avery's warning. The only thing I think I don't want to forget right now is Juniper. She has a way of making me feel alive and like all of this isn't actual for nothing. Should have seen how excited she was when she told me she did something nice for Winter. I don't ever want to forget how warm she is or how perfect we fit into one another when she lets me hold her. Maybe this is what my parents told me about. I don't know. Whatever it is, I'm not ready to let go of it yet. The drawing depicts the first-person viewpoint of a man walking ahead of them with an axe in his hand. There are corpses on the road that's surrounded by a thick treeline.
April Entries The journal seems to have stopped just before the New Year with a mass amount of pages ripped from it before starting back in April. There are blood and dirt splatters across many of the entries.
The drawing is of a man standing under the light of the moon with a fire in the background. The man seems to be older and there are other shadowed figures surrounding him. The stranger has a gun holstered on his hip while wearing the horns and tail of the devil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anonymous

April Entry Update.
New photos.
New theme.

Welcome back, Elijah.