- In-character. This refers to information and actions that directly involve your character or their knowledge.
- Out-of-character. This refers to information or actions not directly involving your character or knowledge that your character would not know but you the player would know.
- This is an image that you the player claim from the internet to represent your character. The face you claim is to be a literal representation of your characters face. You don't use a famous person because it is a bit more of a stretch to claim that the person doesn't really exist.
- This refers to the original source material for the lore. This generally refers to lore postings made by admins on the forums.
- Often used within sexual scenes where the players end/skip a scene, though the actions are thought to be played out despite not being typed, and the scene picks back up after the skipped scene would have ended.
- Different games have slightly different meanings but this generally refers to when a player uses some form of method to force an action.
- For example - using high levels of sprint speed to outrun a car
- This is a term used for a "main character" or character that you commonly play as.
PC or Player Character
- This refers to the players themselves, aka - You.
- This refers to the character in-game that a player is playing.
- Roleplay consisting of only a single line or a few short lines — often occurs within chatrooms, widely considered to be very amateur. Sometimes referred to as “action roleplay” wherein actions are interspersed with speech, like so:
- *John walks into the room, glowering.* I just got caught poaching from the boss’s private stash! *John kicks over a trash can.*
- Non-playable character. This is when the player controls the actions of a character that may not be tied to the story permanently, such as pedestrians, waiters, office workers, etc. These may also be side characters that are tied to the story, though only played and controlled by one player.
- Public Service Announcement. Generally used when making an important or should-be-wide-spread announcement for followers, groups, or people beyond those looking at your blog.
- Roleplay..... do you really need a description for this?
- A character that resembles the mun via personality looks etc. and is, generally, an exact reflection of the mun. (not allowed in this community)
- Abusing game mechanics to achieve results not reasonable.
- AKA - Using in-game heal time and saying that's how long it takes for your characters 4 broken limbs to heal.
- Using OOC knowledge to influence actions IC when your character would have no knowledge of this information to guide their actions