≫ WHAT WE BECOME: SURVIVOR STORIES APPLICATIONS ≪

• Applications for What We Become: Survivor Stories are currently on hold while we work on creating our second wave of combat tests.

What We Become: Survivor Stories is a series of bite-sized scenarios meant to test our new and improved combat system in action! Our first wave contained 5 different scenarios, all taking place within the What We Become universe. Our second wave will contain 5 more scenarios. If you've been waiting to play on the server, now's your chance!

Additionally, each scenario has a limited number of slots for each role in the party, as well as an overall participation limit. If you apply for a role/scenario that is already full, you will be asked to apply for a different role/scenario. You can view the number of slots remaining for the current scenario on its respective forum post, linked above.

Make sure to check out our latest newsletter if you haven't yet! It has lots of information about our upcoming lore, among other things.

Brief Progress Update

Pika

Co-Owner | Resident Gerbil
Staff member
Dumbass Lesbian
Application Master
Owner
Admin
Donator++
Donator+
Donator
We're sorry about the radio silence this past month! Things have been busy for everyone, but we're finally making some progress.

As you're all aware, we don't plan on releasing our next full-length lore until Build 41 has multiplayer and it's either stable or we feel that the IWBUMS branch can adequately work for the server. TIS has given a vague ETA on the release of MP for IWBUMS, so we have at the very least another month or two until things can really get rolling.

That being said, we know that you, the players, are growing restless. We hate to leave you hanging like this. So, we've decided to run another mini lore! We're currently in the process of refining the story and deciding on map elements and such, so we can't give a solid estimate on when the mini lore will begin just yet.

More information will be released soon, so stay tuned!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here!

AlexDE12

at the very least another month or two
I want to add to this so people dont get the wrong message. This is assuming nothing goes wrong during the development of MP, and this will be a Beta. NOT STABLE. So a lore release could still be a few months out.

Now that I have your attention: go play rimworld, join us in The Church of Randy today brothers and sisters!

Pika

Co-Owner | Resident Gerbil
Staff member
Dumbass Lesbian
Application Master
Owner
Admin
Donator++
Donator+
Donator
I want to add to this so people dont get the wrong message. This is assuming nothing goes wrong during the development of MP, and this will be a Beta. NOT STABLE. So a lore release could still be a few months out.
Yup! I stressed that in my post. Even once MP is released in the test branch, that doesn't mean we'll release the main lore right away. We'll be testing it ourselves to see how stable it is and won't even begin work on setting things up until we're entirely confident that it can support the community. That may be when it's further along in the testing branch, or when it's fully stable. It'd suck if we jumped the gun and lost all of our progress.

We'd love to start the main lore as soon as possible, but to truly run what MindGate is envisioning we're going to have to wait.