A place to compile concerns

Atlas

On the topic of Aza, I had an extreme issue with how she handled situations. More times than not, Aza would enter a scene I was in with one of her sound mods and begin to play random noises that disrupted my immersion. It was unnecessary and unneeded.

One incident in particular where I felt I was robbed of a role play experience with another player due to Aza was when Kai had been hurt and my character Osiris was present to treat her wounds as he was a surgeon.

The entire scene before Aza’s involvement was going smoothly and was creating serious character relationships between those involved. My character had the situation completely covered and was ready to proceed with treatment of Kai’s wounds. Aza then inserted herself into the scene as Nurse Joy who is only meant to be used if no other medical professional is available and gave the character MISINFORMATION due to Aza’s own lack of knowledge regarding the lore.

Not only was the character given misinformation, but Aza blatantly ignored any advice, recommendation or any emote that my character or any others aimed at Nurse Joy. The scene devolved from something great into a scene I’d rather forget rather quickly. The scene was halted all together while she went to staff to ask what she would realistically have to do and then proceed to stop playing Joy all together without as much as an emote to the players on Joy leaving or anything else, leaving the players to pick up the pieces.

It should not have happened.

MrMischief2015

Forum Banned
I have read the entirety of it? After how she was treated I don't blame her for pulling her mods. Im sorry if that's controversial. But all she wanted was to be kept in the loop. Everyone knows what shit she goes through, she was trying to validate herself to the admin team, because she felt like she wasn't appreciated. If MindGate or anyone else had an event canceled without a prior heads up for them to adjust accordingly. Im sure they'd be pissed too.

MrMischief2015

Forum Banned
On the topic of Aza, I had an extreme issue with how she handled situations. More times than not, Aza would enter a scene I was in with one of her sound mods and begin to play random noises that disrupted my immersion. It was unnecessary and unneeded.

One incident in particular where I felt I was robbed of a role play experience with another player due to Aza was when Kai had been hurt and my character Osiris was present to treat her wounds as he was a surgeon.

The entire scene before Aza’s involvement was going smoothly and was creating serious character relationships between those involved. My character had the situation completely covered and was ready to proceed with treatment of Kai’s wounds. Aza then inserted herself into the scene as Nurse Joy who is only meant to be used if no other medical professional is available and gave the character MISINFORMATION due to Aza’s own lack of knowledge regarding the lore.

Not only was the character given misinformation, but Aza blatantly ignored any advice, recommendation or any emote that my character or any others aimed at Nurse Joy. The scene devolved from something great into a scene I’d rather forget rather quickly. The scene was halted all together while she went to staff to ask what she would realistically have to do and then proceed to stop playing Joy all together without as much as an emote to the players on Joy leaving or anything else, leaving the players to pick up the pieces.

It should not have happened.
Although it shouldn't have happened, this isn't the topic at hand. We aren't talking about what Aza has done wrong. This is the topic that's been brought up. How she was *treated* and how it looks.

Its hard to do that when you yourself have the finger pointed at you for simply pointing out that someone was treated harshly.
She was being treated harshly, agreed. From what I just read in Pika's post the way it was handled was pretty rough but it was all off the back of this thread blowing up and the general air of cunty hostility that's been floating since. Did she go the right way by threatening to pull all of her toys out of the box just because it was her time to go home and that means nobody else can play with them? No, not in my eyes. Did Mindgate (who is my boy) treat her harshly, maybe say some things that did not need saying? Absolutely. Sometimes things just don't go your way and you can't expect everyone else to work for you when they need to consider the entire server, and when (as the message said) the staff team were getting a ton of dms that there were too many events, they are fully within their right to postpone or cancel any event, in my opinion.

Please refer to my first message on last page, let's just stop acting like fucking clowns and get back to our bullshit hobby, yeah?

MrMischief2015

Forum Banned
I agree. Yet it also needs to be said she only said she'd pull her mods AFTER she was beginning to be verbally bombarded. Can you not see this from her point of view? I'm not picking sides, im trying to be unbiased. But the responses I've gotten thus far almost make me *want* to pick a side.

Atlas

Although it shouldn't have happened, this isn't the topic at hand. We aren't talking about what Aza has done wrong. This is the topic that's been brought up. How she was *treated* and how it looks.
The topic at hand is Aza, period. Her carelessness and lack of regard for the rules set in place by higher ranking staff happen to be apart of that. As seen in the logs, Aza did things she was told not to do. What happened with me was against the rules. You want admin accountability? This is how you get it. Airing it all out.

Aza was not ready to be on staff. I believe what happened with me and how she conducted herself in those logs prove that.

MrMischief2015

Forum Banned
I agree. Yet it also needs to be said she only said she'd pull her mods AFTER she was beginning to be verbally bombarded. Can you not see this from her point of view? I'm not picking sides, im trying to be unbiased. But the responses I've gotten thus far almost make me *want* to pick a side.
AND I DON'T WANT TO!

I want to enjoy this server I want EVERYONE to enjoy this server, and I do! There hasn't been a moment I haven't. But with how things have gone? How all the heads players have gone on Hiatus, and more and more people are as well? Nobody is going to be left when the dust settles.

Fantasia

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Admin
Donator++
Donator+
Donator
How dare anyone use suicide as a threat in any situation? That is downright abusive behavior towards anyone whether it be a friend, colleague, or partner.

I have said multiple times to her I appreciate her; I love her mods, I love her creativity, her intelligence, her roleplay but it was never enough, none of it was ever enough for her. The yelling was deserved because we tried to, repeatedly, explain the situation and she kept making herself to be a victim and YELLED at Pika before saying she hated being yelled at herself. I am sick and tired of people playing the victim card when they're not the victim in a particular situation.

I have read the entirety of it? After how she was treated I don't blame her for pulling her mods. Im sorry if that's controversial. But all she wanted was to be kept in the loop. Everyone knows what shit she goes through, she was trying to validate herself to the admin team, because she felt like she wasn't appreciated. If MindGate or anyone else had an event canceled without a prior heads up for them to adjust accordingly. Im sure they'd be pissed too.

Oh don't get me wrong, I can empathise with her - but I can also empathise with the staff, that's what empathy is, no? The ability to place yourself in the shoes of both sides of the argument to reach a rational, unbiased outcome only possible if you remove yourself and your emotion from the equation. Level-headedness will prevail, folks, and it's always the best way to make progress.

Roflmaozors

Overall, Aza wanted preferential treatment as an admin when it came to her player character, and constantly demanded validation from her fellow staff members. When we didn't comply, she would guilt trip us (as seen above.) She held her mod above our heads as if it gave her more power than any other admin on the team. While Aza's work on the server was heavily appreciated, it's best if we part ways.
Hey guys, I'd like to clarify something here in that little event with the dynamite. We had previously gone into this cave before and found no dynamite -- and from what I understand it was Azakaela's event in the first place and she just entrusted you to handle the combat portions. Yes, we OOCly talked about this because we had it announced as an admin-assisted player event. There wasn't meant to be any dynamite allegedly there but it's fine. I and the rest of the players have already accepted the consequences of the aftermath of the explosive devices despite the fact that it was not intended to be there according to the event planner who, in my opinion, is understandably upset why her and other characters were exploded that night.

Here was the catch, however... Shortly after. One of the players had a player knock out an admin player character and left them behind so that preferably they would get hurt/killed by leaving him behind in the cave-in. This is also one of our grievances here and I think MG is actually going to come by soon and explain exactly why this happened. However, I will also pitch in. What transpired after that allowed this character to survive was very easily perceivable as favoritism which is why I believe our concerns as presented were valid concerns. It is vague, however, I am trying to not go too deep into this. I'm already discussing with MindGate through steam about this situation and he will go over it more in detail shortly.

El Cid

The Old Man
Staff member
The Old Man
Owner
Admin
She was being treated harshly, agreed. From what I just read in Pika's post the way it was handled was pretty rough but it was all off the back of this thread blowing up and the general air of cunty hostility that's been floating since. Did she go the right way by threatening to pull all of her toys out of the box just because it was her time to go home and that means nobody else can play with them? No, not in my eyes. Did Mindgate (who is my boy) treat her harshly, maybe say some things that did not need saying? Absolutely. Sometimes things just don't go your way and you can't expect everyone else to work for you when they need to consider the entire server, and when (as the message said) the staff team were getting a ton of dms that there were too many events, they are fully within their right to postpone or cancel any event, in my opinion.

Please refer to my first message on last page, let's just stop acting like fucking clowns and get back to our bullshit hobby, yeah?
I think we can all agree on this. MrMischief, please understand that we didn't postpone her event out of spite to her. It was needed because we were in no place to run an event with all this going on. The logs were released because Aza had only sent part of them to players, so they were incomplete. I'm not here to tell you how to judge them, just that was the reason.

So I need everyone to take a deep breath now, because forum back and forth is going to lead us no where. Like Rofl mentioned, as one of the first to bring up issues here, he has been in discussions with mind that I understand are going well. Let's pause and let things be worked on like Mr. PoG, sudden voice of reason says.

Edit: And I say that as one of the guilty parties of back and forth yesterday.

MrMischief2015

Forum Banned
And I was unbiased before hand? It was after how I pointed out how harshly she was treated. That I was blasted by admins for speaking up? I thought this was a thread to list concerns. Not shit on a former admin [outside of ANY claims anyways. Considering she was forum banned before this. And can't even fucking defend herself.]. If they wanted to post these logs. They could have made a different thread. Because as it stands all its been is them pointing fingers. Im dropping this for now. Because obviously honest criticism isn't tolerated, and having three admins telling me why IM wrong obviously proves im wrong and they are right.

I'm taking a break so I can cool off and look at this with a cooler head.

MrMischief2015

Forum Banned
And I was unbiased before hand? It was after how I pointed out how harshly she was treated. That I was blasted by admins for speaking up? I thought this was a thread to list concerns. Not shit on a former admin [outside of ANY claims anyways. Considering she was forum banned before this. And can't even fucking defend herself.]. If they wanted to post these logs. They could have made a different thread. Because as it stands all its been is them pointing fingers. Im dropping this for now. Because obviously honest criticism isn't tolerated, and having three admins telling me why IM wrong obviously proves im wrong and they are right.

I'm taking a break so I can cool off and look at this with a cooler head.
I just need to take a break and breathe.

I just need to take a break and breathe.
That's a good idea man, and, from a completely unbiased third party who just wants to see the community he enjoys get back to normal, I don't percieve anything you're getting as a personal attack or blame shifting. It's just high tension headbutting, and you're going the right route by taking some time to cool off - something I think a lot of people here should do, staff included.

Lil_Bit

the GOAT
Staff member
Admin
Hi. Threats of suicide being wielded as an emotional weapon is supremely shitty. Posting edited logs is also really shitty. I didn't know her well but she seemed like she needed help that a video game community cannot provide.
I hope she gets actual psychological help and therapy in real life for her issues. That should come before putting .wavs into a video game, please.

Jack Rogers

Beware of my presence while the Americans sleep...
Server Contributor
Donator+
I'm gonna make myself known here in regards to my own personal feelings with Aza while I was on the team without trying to sound inconsiderate.
Aza's accomplishments while on the team went far and beyond what was expected of her and she brought a lot of excellent content and material for you all to enjoy. That being said, her behavior on the team not only over the past few days but also, looking back on it now, has been quite unacceptable.

She has been continuously gas lighting and threatening the team, or simply suggesting acts such as self harm/or other self-deprecating ideas for a much longer time (most of her time on the team). I'm not going to go ahead and deny her accomplishments or complain about the fact that she pulled her mods, because at the end of the day, its her stuff, she can do what she wants. But I am 100% on board with the rest of the team when it comes to the conclusion that her behavior on the team would have led to her being removed even if she hadn't left on her accord.

That's more or less all I have to say.

I'm sure we can all agree that - whatever 'side of the fence' you're speaking from - the number one priority of these exchanges should be to protect the countless hours of hard work and roleplay that every member of the community has put into the server. For the sake of all of our collective efforts, but especially for those of us that have chosen not to speak publicly, I really hope that this can be the case.

MindGate

Lore Goblin
Staff member
Lore Master
Senior Admin
Admin
Donator+
As Rofl said, I have a few things I'd like to address and go over. I spoke with him at-length last night, but, I want to make sure I cover most of the details. I'll be posting it in a bit!
We had a productive conversation last night, as he mentioned.

EnvyDemon

All Along the Death_Tower
Staff member
Server Contributor
Admin
Donator++
Donator+
Donator
And I hope Aza is okay
I can assure you that she is. She is still heavily upset by the situation, but other than that she is okay as far as I'm aware when I spoke to her on discord a few hours ago.

That's all I'm going to comment at the moment in respect to her privacy.

Tucker

Agent of the Geese Federation
Former Senior Staff
I’ve been observing from a distance during all this, but I couldn’t stay quiet with the accusation of suicidal threats.

AuthenticAzakaelaYesterday at 11:02 PM
You're not
I already told you
I love you
I just can't do this anymore
I dunno
it's still fresh
I can undo it
But I'd need serious counseling
I am not in a good place right now
downright suicidal 🙂
That's why I decided to pull the mod
and myself
cuz this is ridiculous
I believe this is the quote where Aza “threatened suicide”? I asked and she assures me she never did once. So this clearly must be the blurb that’s being referred to. If so, you’ve wrongly twisted her words because there’s clearly no threat there. She first stated she was leaving and then stated she was not in a great place mentally, explaining that that’s why she was leaving.

I hope this wasn’t what you were all referring to, because twisting a persons words into a “suicide threat” is extremely low and despicable. Not even a “oh we made a mistake” is redeemable, because a decent person would double check before claiming something like that.

Anyways, let me know if I’m wrong and if I am bring a quote.