Disputes and Rulings
- Admin decisions are final unless the admin has broken a rule.
- Players are allowed to contest a ruling via a support ticket, but there is no guarantee it will be overturned.
- A decision will not be overturned solely because a player is unhappy with it.
- If multiple admins are present, the highest-ranking admin has the final say.
- Senior staff may overrule a decision made by a lower-ranking admin if deemed necessary.
- If there is a dispute between a player and an admin, another admin will be required to mediate the situation.
- If there are no other admins available, the admin present will make a ruling and the player may appeal it via a support ticket if they wish to do so.
- If there is a dispute between multiple players and no admins are present or available to mediate the situation, use your best judgement.
- Players are welcome to submit a support ticket if they have any complaints regarding the outcome.
- Direct communication with an admin regarding issues on or off the server is strictly prohibited.
- All complaints should be submitted via a support ticket and resolved through the forums, not DMs.
- Do not deliberately log out when an in-game dispute does not go your way, whether in-character (IC) or out-of-character (OOC).
- A ticket may be submitted for any reason and will not count against the player even if it is denied.
- It’s important to differentiate in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC) interactions.
- The fact of the matter is that racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. are very real issues; IC hate speech is allowed, within reason.
- If an admin feels that a player has taken this too far, they will first be given a verbal warning, then an official warning if the issue persists.
- It can be difficult to determine exactly what ‘taking it too far’ entails; when in doubt, ask an admin.
- Typically, unless a character is spouting bigoted rhetoric every other line, it’s allowed.
- Targeted harassment and the use of hate speech OOC is strictly prohibited.
- This includes any posts, photos, videos, etc. specifically targeting another user or a group of people.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for bigotry; players who cannot abide by this rule will be punished accordingly.
- If it comes to the attention of the staff that you have made bigoted comments outside of the community, you may be punished.
- The actions of our members reflect on the community as a whole.
- The following content is strictly prohibited on the server:
- Sexual Assault
- You may allude to these topics in your character backstories, but please do not go into explicit detail.
- Additionally, Erotic Roleplay (ERP) is not allowed on the server, though suggestive topics are permitted.
- Staff cannot prevent you from including this content in your roleplay outside of the server but, for the sake of other players, we ask that you keep it off the server.
- Gateway is an English-speaking community.
- While fluency is not a requirement, all players must be proficient enough in English that they do not require the use of a translation device to participate in the community.
- All applications submitted in a language other than English will be automatically denied.
- All out-of-character (OOC) forum posts must be written in English.
- Character dialogue does not need to be written in English; players may use any language other than English in-character (IC) if they'd like.
- A character may have no English-speaking ability whatsoever if the player wishes; what matters is that the player is proficient in English.
<< I. Server Rules
ii. Basic Rules >>
Last Updated: June 23, 2023